Conversational AI Platform Development Engineer
Parlance is a Software as a Service company leveraging intelligent speech technologies to improve the caller experience for leading organizations nationwide. Parlance delivers speech recognition as a managed service. That means we blend intelligent speech technologies, including Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding to transform old-fashioned phone systems into easy-to-navigate speech-driven tools. We modernize and improve the first 30 seconds of every caller’s journey and remove barriers to service. Health systems specifically subscribe to Parlance to improve patient experience and reduce frustration. No more long hold times, no confusing menus, no numbers to press.
The Conversational AI Platform Development Engineer will be a key participant in the whole scope of our application development team being focused on the tools we use (or develop) for building Natural Language Understanding Chatbots. This role will be a significant contributor in extending and improving the development environment of our speech understanding platform.
- BS/MS in CS/EECS, Math, or a similar technical field
- 5+ years of post-educational work (or commercial research) experience
- Prior experience building Development Tools/Platforms - Particularly Chatbots, Conversational, Speech, or similar Machine Learning-based Development Environments
- Strong software engineering skills in one or more of the following: Java, Python, or C++
- The ability to share/mentor new technologies across and up & down within a development team
- Solid experience with open-source tools and communities
- Curiosity to seek and understand new technologies
- Comfort in being part of a highly collaborative start-up environment with a tight team where you will be involved in all aspects of the development
- Candidates must be located within the US, and have the permanent right to work in the US
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Come work at a company where your voice matters and you can make a real impact beyond your specific job role. You will gain a view of the whole company fostered by open management and a flat organizational structure. Parlance is a team of smart people who care about each other and our customers. We are responsible professionals who operate with integrity and treat people with respect.
The compensation and benefits package at Parlance is designed to put people first:
- Comprehensive health care for you and your family
- 15-20 paid vacation days each year depending on tenure
- 10 paid holidays each year
- 10 paid sick days each year that can be used when you or a family member is sick. We don't think you should have to use vacation time for these unexpected circumstances.
- A supportive parental leave policy
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Budgeted learning/development and paid conference days
Parlance is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Parlance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
US work authorization is required
We are currently not able to sponsor visas for this or other roles. Principals only, please.
Parlance uses speech recognition to modernize and improve the first 30 seconds of every caller’s journey.