Conversational AI Developer
About the team:
Core Technology (CT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform. This platform runs our entire infrastructure and all the services that come together to form ebay.com. We are the Self-service Technology team, and we own the Online Customer service experience on both Web and Mobile and other touchpoints to eBay customer service. What we work on here impacts the lives of millions every day.
We’re looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
The team is based in different locations, and we work on technologies such as Java, Node.js, web-services, browser-related technologies (jQuery, HTML5, etc.), iOS, Android and database solutions (NoSQL, Oracle, etc.). The team also has an active AI Roadmap building Natural language Customer service bots and Search products. We build scalable and highly-available systems for the millions of users that depend on us to conduct their businesses.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work with PM and User experience design teams to create innovative product solutions to meet business objectives
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, QA and Operations teams to design and develop strategic and tactical solutions
- You will drive continuous process improvement, and increase the efficiency and quality of AI project deliveries.
- You will supervise and continuously improve the performance of the AI products.
- Implement working prototypes for testing new ideas
- Participate and chip in to design and code reviews for producing quality code
- Share engineering support and release responsibilities
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
Required Skills / Experience
- 7+ years of software design and development experience or MS in Computer Science plus 5 years of experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in problem solving and software design
- Professional in Java language features, Object Oriented and Modular programming.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- 3+ years of Experience with RESTful service & API design at scale.
- 2 + years of Experience in AI based chat engines and knowledge of key Industry trends and technologies in the chatbot space.
- 2 + years of Python
- Experience building Chatbots or virtual assistants using Dialog flow, Microsoft Bot Framework or in any popular Bot Building frameworks is a Must.
- Knowledge on IVR based application platforms and Conversational IVR is a Plus.
- Knowledge and experience of key machine learning and deep learning frameworks and commercial technologies/platforms.
- Knowledge of classical ML and Deep Learning Models, and libraries like scikit-learn, Tensor flow, PyTorch is a Plus
- Proficient in Database design and solid understanding of RDBMS/no-SQL/Elastic clusters
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes residents of Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.