Sr. Experience Designer (UX/UI) - Conversation Design
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Experience Designer in Conversational Design. This position sits within the Digital Product Management and Experience Design group in the Strategy, Digital, and Innovation line of business. You will define and create compelling and delightful AI-powered conversational experiences. In this role, you will work within a pod through end-to-end execution, creating wireflows and prototypes, leading usability research, while remaining focused on delivering value to clients. Throughout, you will work closely with product and technology partners to understand constraints, objectives and goals and use those to inform and enhance your work. For more details, please visit Wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Create compelling conversational UI concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system
- Collaborate with product partners, dev partners, content strategists, and usability engineers and inspire others to want to work with you and trust you
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Apply user-centered design processes to ensure designs are well-researched, executed, and tested
- Passionately advocate for great user experiences and convince partners with optimistic engagement, thought leadership and great presentations
- Co-lead project plans and schedules
- Think about individual requirements and implementation, but you are constantly considering the continuity from one feature to another and the relationship those experiences have to the strategic direction of Fargo
- Deliver thoughtful and complete user needs analysis, with clearly prioritized and defined user workflows to inform architectural requirements
- Solve the problem identified by others and highlight the problems other don’t notice
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Online and Digital Product Design, Information Sciences, Graphic, and Visual Arts experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of well-rounded design experience with some in voice, conversational UI, AI, chat, or IVR
- A knowledge of design principles, standards and UX best practices
- Project management experience
- Mastery in Figma, Principle, or other design and management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in Mobile Applications, Responsive Web, and other digital interfaces
- An outstanding portfolio with detailed system and user flows that show how users complete simple and complex tasks within a conversation flow (includes system state and error recovery protocols)
- Financial or similar complex industry experience
- Motion design and animation skills
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes
- Comfortable partnering with researchers on primary research efforts and usability studies
- Is enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results
- Collaborates and builds trust with design, product, and tech partners
- Actively participates in design meetings and critiques, ensuring adherence to standards while keeping an eye out for improvements or reasonable exceptions
- Experience building UX component and asset libraries for cross-team use
- Strong project and team leadership experience with a track record of inspiring your team to deliver world-class solutions
- Strong presentation and moderation skills
- An ability to create and evolve concepts in a collaborative environment through team and stakeholder reviews. Can bring new ideas to the table.
- Experience contributing to and using designs systems (human interface and style guidelines)
- Experience influencing the full customer journey, balancing grace and passion in your daily interactions with teammates, partners and senior leaders
- Ability to create and evolve concepts in a collaborative environment through team and stakeholder reviews. Can bring new ideas to the table.
- Thinks beyond one design solution and one technical platform, seeking smart reusability and variability
- ability to sit onsite at approved location at least three (3) days a week.
- ability to travel up to 10% of the time as needed
Additional Locations -
333 Market Street San Francisco CA
Two Wells Fargo Charlotte NC
*This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship*
$100,800.00 - $179,200.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.