UX/UI Designer for chatbot and live chat pioneer
Synthetix is a pioneer in customer service software and one of the UK's leading developers of enterprise customer experience (CX) solutions.
We build conversational chatbots which can talk to customers on our clients’ websites and seamlessly integrated multi-channel messaging solutions to connect customers with live contact-centre agents.
Our mission is to create solutions that are creative, beautiful, high-quality, and excellent value, surpassing the standard of 'good enough'.
To help us ensure we continue to provide the best possible experience for our users, Synthetix is looking for a full-time, permanent UX/UI designer to join our team with at least 1 years' professional experience.
The successful candidate will work as part of our small team and will have a tremendous amount of influence on product decisions, shipping impactful features that are used by millions of people.
Whilst primarily focused on product design and user experience, the role also requires some web design experience, including HTML/CSS knowledge.
A salary of circa £30,000 - £38,000 is offered (depending on skills and experience) and benefits, including private healthcare, will be provided with plenty of room to grow in the role.
Synthetix is a fun place to work with an open plan office, relaxed atmosphere and annual corporate trips to (previous) destinations such as Madrid, Reykjavik and Amsterdam.
We’re a hybrid-working team, now, working from our open-plan office for two days a week and from home for three. The office is a great place for teamwork, with a lovely atrium restaurant, a free 24-hour gymnasium and even pool tables! Other working models, including fully remote, are possible for the right candidate, if geographically distant from the office.
What you'll be working on
- Design and deliver beautiful and accessible user interfaces with a high level of craft and attention to detail;
- Deliver final UI design, concepts, flows and prototypes within a cross-functional environment;
- Applying your insights to help fix gaps and antipatterns that may exist in the product;
- Partner with stakeholders in other areas of the business to understand requirements and shape our products;
- Help to understand our users further by planning, designing and executing user tests and interviews;
- Working to prepare designs for development;
- Working with engineers to discuss, handover and test designs;
- Use and contribute to our design system in Zeroheight, to help with creating a scalable design foundation;
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback from your peers and others across the organisation to grow as a design practitioner;
- Ensuring designs meet accessibility requirements, including WCAG compliance, to provide an inclusive experience for all users;
- Maintaining and evolving our UI/UX design system to guarantee consistency across all product features and drive efficiency within the design process;
- Staying current with design trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to ensure our application remains competitive and user-focused, driving innovation within the customer service software space;
- Maintain and update the Synthetix company web presence under the direction of the company Directors.
We think you'll excel in this role if you...
- Have 1-2 years of hands-on experience;
- A need to get in front of users and see how they actually think;
- Have a portfolio of projects that demonstrates strong UX and UI skills;
- Have some experience creating prototypes and running user tests;
- Are fluent in Figma and have experience using Adobe Creative Suite products such as Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Can demonstrate an understanding of design fundamentals;
- Can manage your own time and prioritise tasks;
- Have a continuous improvement mindset.
Desirable personal attributes
- Confidence, self-motivation and the ability to work well in a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- The ability to work autonomously and on multiple projects, often liaising with sales and marketing to design solutions which meet their requirements.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning company with a great industry reputation and fun company culture, in addition to a competitive salary, benefits package and 22 days’ basic holiday.
You'll need to be resident in the UK. As an ethical employer, Synthetix follows the principles laid down by EHRC and ACAS.
Join our team and help shape the future of customer experience software.
Apply now to become a part of the Synthetix family!
Customer Engagement powered by Conversational AI