Vice President - Annotation (Lead), Conversational AI Product
The Chase Digital Assistance (CDA) product teams focuses on creating engaging and sophisticated natural language experiences to enable convenient, friction-less, consumer financial services experiences which is currently in the mobile app (Digital Assistant), search functions on chase.com and across platforms and channels. In this role, you will be part of an innovate team, and work on the collection, annotation and enrichment of data for machine learning models.
The mission of the Lead Annotator role is to enable at-scale development, testing, deployment, and continuous integration and delivery of AI/ML technologies in order to drive fundamental improvement in the quantity and quality of AI training data sets, accelerate AI delivery (measured in days and months), and improve AI performance.
The incumbent will work on multiple projects and provide data annotation services across a variety of data types including such as text and search. The incumbent must understand the business use-case and own the data annotation pipeline to go from the raw data to a reliable, annotated ground truth that can be used by sophisticated machine learning methods for banking applications such as risk assessment, trading models, customer relationship management, and pricing models.
- Work on data labeling tool(s) and annotate data for machine learning models. Sift through structured and unstructured data; identify the right content and annotate with the right label
- Work on engagements from understanding the business objective through the data identification, annotation and validation
- Understand and define the relationship among entities
- Validate model results from the business perspective and provide feedback for model improvement.
- Develop key workflows, processes and KPIs to measure annotation performance and assess quality
- Develop and own repeatable annotation processes aligned to product needs, collaborate with business, product and engineering teams to help design data annotation projects
- Provide leadership to your team members for data annotation operations and build a strong culture of trust and commitment.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience, 7 years+ of hands-on experience in data collection, analysis or research, 2-3 years’ experience leading small teams
- Strong knowledge/experience in financial domain
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively in teams, in order to achieve project goals.
- An individual with a curious mind, hardworking and detail-oriented. Someone who is motivated by complex analytical problems and interested in data analytics techniques.
- Interest in Machine learning and should be able to develop
- a working level domain knowledge on machine learning concepts
- an understanding of model scoring parameters such as precision, recall and f-score
Preferred Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Experience in data extraction/collection form financial documents
- Experience with data annotation, labeling, entity disambiguation and data enrichment
- Familiarity with industry standard annotation and labeling methods
- Exposure to voice translation services and tools
- Familiarity with Machine learning and AI paradigms such as text classification, entity recognition, information retrieval
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.