Director, Tech Lead, Chatbot Platform
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
As a Director, Tech Lead, you will partner with product owners, designers, engineers and delivery professionals. You will provide guidance on technical strategy, design the overall technology architecture and mentor and coach the technical team as you implement capabilities to solve sophisticated business problems, deploy innovative products, services and experiences to delight our customers! In addition to deep technical expertise and experience, you will bring excellent problem solving, communication and teamwork skills, along with agile ways of working, strong business insight, an inclusive leadership attitude and a continuous learning focus to all that you do.
Specifically, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and managing a diverse slate of Conversational AI applications, Robotic Process Automations, and applications of new/emerging technologies. You will design projects within technical constraints and will develop procedures to help the group achieve Agile design. You will be a strategist who leads the success of delivered technical solutions through management of technical aspects and software development flow in a specific context or team.
- Ensure the design of the overall technological architecture of the product is holistic and sustainable across systems.
- Guide teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration, and automated deployment. Work across larger team, function, and organization to build strong partnerships and increase adoption.
- Responsible for technical design of infrastructure and operational environments, including deployments, ensuring that these are kept in-line with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) mindset of ‘emerging architecture’.
- Mentor and coach the technical team on results and timelines, including support with code reviews, domain knowledge and ownership and bring a deep understanding of relevant and emerging technologies, embedding learning and innovation in the day-to-day.
- Help the team to develop a solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand. Constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo.
- Identify and remove technical impediments by making connections across work streams and teams. Utilize a broad network of technical experts in Prudential to solve complex technical impediments. Work towards identify and removing non-technical impediments such as organizational or business issues.
- Work with Product Owners to design the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack. Bring forward business acumen and knowledge to influence decisions. Share and contribute across larger team, function, and organization.
- Provide the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality. Look for opportunities to introduce the broader function and enterprise to software engineering practices for higher code quality output.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field
- Strong communication skills to align the organization on complex technical decisions (e.g., with architecture committee)
- Significant experience of Agile infrastructure, development, environments, and deployment processes
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD technologies that help drive scalable, reproducible, auditable, and efficient work practices
- Understanding of relationship between Product Owner, Scrum Master, and rest of team, with a strong sense of design thinking
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- Data driven - uses methodologies, metrics, and analysis to plan, assess performance against business goals
- Full stack development experience building secure internal facing applications
- Strong experience with AWS services such as CloudFormation, S3, Glue, Lambda, Step Functions, IAM, KMS, SM etc.
- Strong knowledge of Chatbot designs, Conversational AI platforms such as Amazon Lex, and experience with process automations
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $168,600.00 to $228,000.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.