Operator in Residence (OIR): Generative AI
Primary Venture Partners is looking for an Operator-In-Residence (OIR) to join its Incubation program with a Generative AI focus. Primary is an early-stage venture capital firm with close to $1B AUM, investing in pre-seed and seed-stage startups based in New York City. The firm’s Incubation arm launched in 2019 to support the ideation, research and launch of new startups. Primary’s first three incubated companies will return its first fund many times over, and Primary is now primed for substantial growth in its Incubation efforts in 2023. Check out our blog post, “What Invention and Incubation have in Common” to learn more about Primary’s incubation philosophy.
Primary is looking to hire an OIR focused specifically on Generative AI opportunities. Generative AI has taken the technology and venture world by storm. If you are reading this JD, you have likely seen firsthand the amazing power of these new technologies, and you may have interacted with Generative AI applications that feel fresh and new in all sorts of exciting ways.
We at Primary have a concerted focus to invest in and incubate businesses capitalizing on this technological shift. We are looking to hire someone solely focused on helping us incubate a business in this domain, specifically one at the infrastructure layer enabling builders to more easily create new businesses and products that leverage Large Language Models.
The right person for this role is technically proficient, although they do not need to be a software engineer. They can build and ship new products and have a fluency with the core technologies underlying LLMs and Generative AI applications. At the same time, they want to build 0 to 1 and be a part of researching new businesses in this domain. More than anything, they believe Generative AI is potentially the next great platform shift and are itching to get involved in building for a new age of technology.
What You'll Do:
- Support Primary’s idea generation and vetting process
- Conduct intensive market analysis, competitive landscaping and customer research
- Develop business models, product roadmaps, and go-to-market strategies for the most promising startup ideas
- Create pitch decks and other investor materials
- Join the company in its launch phase as a founding team member responsible for gaining initial traction, building out the rest of the team, and supporting business operations or go back to the drawing board with the Incubation program all over again
- Self-starter: you have an entrepreneur’s intrinsic motivation, capable of independently running with business ideas with substantial ambiguity
- Network-builder: you’re comfortable developing relationships with industry leaders from the ground up; having your own personal network in the AI space is a plus
- Entrepreneurial: you are eager to engage in the venture and startup ecosystem and have your finger on the pulse when it comes to new deals and emerging business models in the AI landscape
- Storyteller: you’re able to learn rapidly, develop a strong point of view, and communicate compelling narratives
- Commercially-minded: you are comfortable with financial models and concepts and can quickly assess the feasibility and scalability of a new venture idea
- 6+ years of experience in consulting, investing, or startups with an AI focus
- Work or research experience in AI preferred
- MBA not required but a plus
$140,000 - $180,000 a year
Compensation is market-competitive with a yearly cash base of $140,000 - $180,000 and will include equity in the startup you help to build.
If interested, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you.
Primary Venture Partners
Top founders start here. Alloy, Alma, Chief, Electric, KHealth, Vestwell, and more. Forbes Midas List; Insider Seed 100.