AI Intern (ChatGPT Specialist)
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 14 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum, a technology-forward federal government contractor supporting national security missions, is seeking a part-time remote intern for the Summer of 2023. This individual will primarily focus on utilizing ChatGPT, the cutting-edge Generative AI Large Language Model (LLM), to enhance and optimize various aspects of our internal and external workflows. This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in AI and machine learning, work with a team of experts in the field, and contribute to exciting and impactful projects.
The anticipated duration of this program is from June 1, 2023 - August 31, 2023, requiring 10-15 hours per week.
As an intern at Barbaricum, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, innovative, and inclusive environment. We value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.
- Familiarize yourself with ChatGPT and OpenAI API through chat.openai.com to understand its capabilities and applications.
- Fine-tune ChatGPT and use embeddings to organize our business development (BD) responses into a structured, queryable form.
- Generate text drafts on various topics using our existing data corpus.
- Training of open-source models for use on air-gapped networks. This includes researching and selecting suitable models, preparing data for training, and fine-tuning the models.
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a degree in a technology-related field
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques, including fine-tuning and embeddings
- Experience with or knowledge of GPT-3/GPT-4 or similar AI language models is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in creating, training, and fine-tuning AI models is beneficial but not mandatory
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.
The work you want to do. The people you want to work with. Join our team and gain access to innovative solutions.