Senior Chatbot Conversation Designer
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Conversation Designer is responsible for building the core capabilities within the Conversation Design team that forms part of Admiral’s Customer Engagement Tribe.
You will ensure the team is equipped with the skills, tools, and standard approaches to deliver functional excellence and ensure that they are focused on delivering value to the business aligned with the product vision for Admiral’s Virtual Assistant. You will work in close collaboration with the Product Owner on the backlog refinement process to ensure work can be delivered aligned to both Admiral’s conversation design principles and both the strategic business and customer objectives. You will be expected to complete work within your designated squad aligned to agile methodologies, sprint goals and product vision that are set by the Product owner.
As a Senior Conversation Designer, you will
- Define Admiral’s conversation design principles and instil these within the conversation design approach
- Accountable for establishing conversations that are natural and intuitive for users. Establish appropriate prompts that help control reactions and emotions solicited in users, to anticipate and prevent their errors and keep the conversation flowing naturally within efficient turns.
- Establish desired customer journeys and user experiences, aligned with the Product vision
- Define the persona for the virtual agent(s) e.g. what are they like, how should they sound/behave, tone of voice
- Design appropriate testing approach e.g. role plays, test scenarios
- Upskill and knowledge transfer to the teams of Conversational Designers to knowledge share and instil best practices for conversation design
- Coordinate with the Product Owner to manage the different phases of the user research, experimentation, and design process. Creating a safe space to innovate, experiment, and learn from failure.
- Work closely with other tribes to ensure consistency in design approach by leveraging the knowledge of NLP and UX design to deliver business outcomes.
- Evaluate usability and consistency of existing customer journeys and conversational flows and recommend design changes to improve the customer experience and business outcomes
- Acting as a key member of the tribe that can offer support and direction in assessing work developed by the Conversation Designers
- Accountable for providing open and effective communication channels leading to greater knowledge transfer across tribes working on Virtual Assistants and chatbots enabling seamless customer journeys across channels.
- Accountable for recruitment, onboarding, coaching and development of Conversation Designers across the tribe.
- Line management of the Conversation Designers including one to one, objective setting, annual performance reviews, development and coaching and instilling the Admiral culture.
- Accountable for providing and applying effective performance processes and mechanisms supporting Squad Leads and Product Owners in increasing squad performance.
Ideally, you will have the following experience and skills
- 2-3 years of experience working as a user experience/conversation design professional
- Google Dialogflow experience
- Experience in team management and coaching
- Experience in facilitating design workshops and ideation sessions
- A background in interaction design for consumer products and services, which may have been focused on content design UX writing, information architecture, and/or content strategy
- Strong research skills, including planning, execution, and research synthesis
- Demonstratable experience in designing conversational agents and/or voice-activated user interfaces and/or digital chatbots
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills supported by knowledge of grammar and proof-reading skills
- Experience partnering with other designers, product owners and engineers throughout a project lifecycle
- We will review your CV within 5 working days of application and get back to you
- We have a Hybrid approach to work remote working, 1-2 days per week in our Cardiff office (or more if you prefer)
- We will give you everything you need to work comfortably from home
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with the length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including bank holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're consistently voted one of Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. This is a hybrid role with the working week split between home-working and our Cardiff office.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here