Senior Software Engineer - Chatbot
An exciting opportunity to work at the Information & Digital Engineering organization in Shell IT. We are looking for a talented individual with great interpersonal skills to join our team. Shell’s business has been built on a foundation of innovative technology and skilled people. By providing energy to sustain people’s lives over 125 years, Shell is one of the world’s leading companies. Information & Digital Engineering gives you an opportunity to make an impact that matters – be it in complex predictive maintenance and inventory management solutions to optimize uptime of our Upstream assets or innovative solutions that satisfy customers at one of our 49,000 branded service stations, the world’s largest retail network.
Where you fit in
Your growth is our future in Information & Digital Engineering. Information technology supports all aspects of our businesses and we have some of the world’s most complex problems to solve. You will not only get an opportunity to work with the latest technology, but with the scale of Shell, you will also get the opportunity to shape future digital technology working with the biggest players in the technology industry. With open source a key tenet of our technology choices, you will also get the opportunity to contribute back to the software community. The diversity of positions on offer are bound to help you grow in your career.
Working with other computer scientists and software engineers in Shell, Information & Digital Engineering offers a unique opportunity for you to make an impact across a complex integrated energy value chain serving all lines of business in the Group. You could be creating new customer services in the largest Lubricants business globally, or innovating ways to grow an Aviation business which refuels five aircrafts every minute. With Shell investing significantly in renewables, there will be several opportunities to power our green engine too.
What's the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are expected to have a proven experience in adhering to software engineering best practices, delivering software products/applications generating business value. They are expected to have continuous improvement mindset, driving value-based process, product/application optimization. They are generally the Technical Leads or Senior Developers within the product delivery teams.
- Solution consultation and development in accordance with the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Technical Review, Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premise solutions, cloud and legacy systems.
What we need from you
- BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MCA / MSc. Comp. Scienc
- 10+ years of relevant software development experience broadly ranging from front-end, back-end, cloud automation and orchestration with depth in either back-end development or front-end development.
- At least 2 years of experience in Chatbot development
- Back-End Development: Proficient in .Net Core
- Proficient with Azure Platform Development (Functions, Services etc)
- Proficient in one or more of Data Development (SQL Databases, No SQL, Cloud Datastores etc) technologies
- Front-End Development: Proficient in front-end development with React JS
- Proficient in Cloud Native Deployment with CI/CD Pipelines. [One of GitHub Actions or Azure DevOps] into serverless containers (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in Agile teams applying the best architectural, design, unit testing patterns & practices with an eye for code quality and standards.