Senior Data Scientist - Chat Advisor
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds. If there’s anything we can do to make adjustments for you in the hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’re intentional about building a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment. Check out our diversity, equity and inclusion statement.
Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 5 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.c
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
You’ll join the existing data science function here at Cleo; a thoughtful and collaborative team of 10 dedicated data scientists, ML engineers, and analysts with significant industry experience that is at the heart of everything we do at Cleo. You’ll build and deploy production models that developers will feed directly into the product.
This position is essential in the expansion of both product and business. We are highly data driven, whether that be understanding natural language, deriving insights from financial data, or determining which financial product is best suited to a user. We have interesting problems to solve on an ever-increasing scale
Check out this blog on how data science makes Cleo, Cleo https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/data-science-how-we-make-cleo-cleo
You’ll be working on a hugely impactful workstream, helping us understand our users' finances, so we can coach them through the power of chat. You’ll be working as part of a cross functional team to develop Cleo into a hyper-personalized financial coach.
What you’ll be doing
- Improving our current machine learning models
- Actively building and productionising classifiers - no dependencies on engineering teams
- Working to implement and utilize GPT, to continue developing our hyper-personalized AI assistant
- A wide range of ML tasks: classification, recommender systems, NLP
- Finding opportunities for model and product improvements in Cleo's extensive datasets of chat conversations, spending patterns, and app interactions
- At least 4 years of experience in data science or related roles
- Commercial experience of deep learning & NLP methods
- Ability to write production quality code in Python and SQL
- Experience deploying machine learning / deep learning algorithms into production
- Experience conducting A/B experiments & measuring impact
- A strong ability to communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders in a concise and engaging manner
- Habits of keeping abreast of the latest research and experimenting productively with new technologies
- Experience leading data science initiatives and taking ownership of services or models
- Experience proactively influencing the ML roadmap, driving new ideas with impact
Nice to have
- Experience with containers and container orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Mesos, including lifecycle management of containers
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, Sagemaker
What do you get for all your hard work?
- Salary banding can be seen here. You'll also have equity options. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/teams/data-hytlm2bwmux2 This role would be at level DS4 banding, salary depending on experience
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- Cleo is a culture of stepping up. We want, and expect you to grow and develop. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. You’ll have our support in everything you do. But more importantly, you’ll have our trust.
- We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means the usual perks but it also means flexibility.
- Other benefits include;
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.
It's your money. Own it.