Product Designer - Generative AI
Design at Meta is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. Our teams design and build Meta technologies—Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Workplace, Novi, Portal and Meta Quest—for billions of people around the world.
Product Designers at Meta play a central role in the way we build products, ensuring our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use and of the highest level of craft and execution. By focusing on people and doing the simple things first, we develop quality experiences for some of the world’s biggest, most challenging problems.
Product Designers help creatively solve big, complicated, real-world problems. We utilize a full range of product design skills to contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams. Join a diverse group of thinkers and do some of the most meaningful work of your career.
Generative AI represents a huge opportunity to unleash the creativity of the billions of people globally who use our technologies. For years, teams at Meta have been leading the industry in AI research. We are uniquely positioned to adopt an end-to-end approach to generative AI that few organizations can offer through building breakthrough product experiences using generative AI, generative AI research across all modalities, world-class applied AI/ML product engineering, building scalable, high-performance AI infrastructure and our deep experience building tools that enable social connection and expression.
As a Product Designer on the generative AI team at Meta, you can help bring the transformative potential of generative AI to people and businesses around the world as we build a new class of generative AI experiences.
This posting represents different full-time roles across the Meta company.Product Designer - Generative AI Responsibilities
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our 2 billion plus users
- Design flows and experiences that simplify and distill down complex actions into usable interfaces
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve and define visual systems
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Facebook products
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually improve for quality
- Drive a partnership with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists in order to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping multiple features that are broad/ambiguous in scope and encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- 4+ years of interaction design experience with knowledge to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this product will scale. Use appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- 4+ years of visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function.
- 4+ years of strategic product thinking with experience in developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- Willingness to represent work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts.
- Experience connecting your work with other related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration
- Portfolio of leadership work examples in non-product dimensions that have made a team stronger and positively impacted the work environment such as taking on mentorship opportunities
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$133,000/year to $183,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels and U.S. locations that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level and final location. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include the company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits , if applicable.