We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to DiscussionJob Description
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest financial services provider, with 26 million customers. We’re on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help! We’re looking for an experienced Conversation Designer to work on our customer-facing chatbot. You’ll be joining a team of Conversation Designers and be part of a Conversational Banking design squad. Our team’s mission is to create a virtual assistant that’s able to have natural, contextual conversations, helping millions of customers with hundreds of banking queries - and you’ll be a key part of that.
This is a hybrid role. You’ll be able to work from home most of the week but would need to come to the London office c2 days a week.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll report to one of our Design Leads and be part of a growing Conversation Design team. You’ll work closely with our conversation analysts and engineers to understand and improve the interactions our customers are having with our virtual assistant. You’ll be embedded in a multidisciplinary design team because we believe the only way to create a human-focused virtual assistant is to truly understand our customers, their problems, and their preferences. Taking a design approach to creating our chatbot flows will help us craft the right kind of dialogues, in the right way.
The problem you’ll be solving
As part of the team, you’ll be improving and scaling the in-app virtual assistants for brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, and Bank of Scotland. Our chat systems deflect a huge number of customer calls. The challenge is to create frictionless experiences that are simpler and faster for our customers than picking up the phone.
If you join our team, you’ll be responsible for:
- applying the design process to improving existing chatbot flows and creating new ones
- applying a layer of copywriting expertise to chatbot dialogues
- running design workshops. These could involve leading the team in conversation design tasks for a particular use case, or they may be exploratory workshops, to help identify features and improvements to feed into our design workstream
- working with other leads on prioritisation and strategy to ensure we’re focusing on the right things
- creating and promoting best practices in conversation design, both within our team and with other chatbot teams in the group
- supporting junior team members with upskilling, and educating the wider team on design impact.
The foundational skills below are the things you’ll need to come with. Conversation design is a relatively new and growing field, so we don’t expect you to have 10 years’ experience specifically as a Conversation Designer. But we do need someone with a solid background in copywriting and design. If you don’t have the following skills, then the job probably isn’t right for you:
- Conversation design experience
- Copywriting expertise
- Experience working in a leading role as part of a design team
- Stakeholder management skills
- An ability to explain and share your design decisions with the wider team
- An incredible attention to detail
- Empathy for customers
- A true passion for conversational interfaces, with self-motivation to stay informed of industry developments and bring these to the team
- Endless curiosity
What we offer
You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, technologies and approaches as you grow your career.
We also provide:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we provide excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we're looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships, and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues, and our communities!
Sound appealing? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.