Software Engineer - Generative AI
Generative AI represents a huge opportunity to unleash the creativity of the billions of people globally who use our technologies. For years, teams at Meta have been leading the industry in AI research. We are uniquely positioned to adopt an end-to-end approach to generative AI that few organizations can offer, through building breakthrough product experiences using generative AI, generative AI research across all modalities, world-class applied AI/ML product engineering, scalable, high-performance AI infrastructure and deep experience building tools that enable social connection and expression.
As a Software Engineer on the generative AI team at Meta, you can help bring the transformative potential of generative AI to people and businesses around the world as we build a new class of generative AI experiences.Software Engineer - Generative AI Responsibilities
- Drive the team's goals and technical direction to pursue opportunities that make your larger organization more efficient
- Effectively communicate complex features and systems in detail
- Understand industry & company-wide trends to help assess & develop new technologies
- Partner & collaborate with organization leaders to help improve the level of performance of the team & organization
- Identify new opportunities for the larger organization & influence the appropriate people for staffing/prioritizing these new ideas
- Understand the goals, strategy, and engineering bottlenecks of the organization
- Advocate for higher product quality and engineering efficiency
- Experience leading projects with industry-wide impact
- Experience communicating and working across functions to drive solutions
- Experience in mentoring/influencing senior engineers across organizations
- Proven track record of planning multi-year roadmap in which shorter-term projects ladder to the long-term vision
- Experience in driving large cross-functional/industry-wide engineering efforts
- 12+ years of programming experience
- 12+ years of experience with building large-scale applications, or similar experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with discovery features such as search and ranking
- Experience building backend services or platforms
- Experience building AR/VR products or infra from ideation to shipping
- Experience shipping products to millions of customers or have started a new line of product
- Experience with virtual reality (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
- Experience in UX design or game design
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
$205,000/year to $281,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels and U.S. locations that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level and final location. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include the company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits , if applicable.