Senior Engineering Manager - Chatbot
We are looking for an experienced Conversational AI Engineering Manager to lead our team of engineers and developers in the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge conversational AI systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in machine learning, natural language processing, and software engineering, as well as experience managing a team of engineers.
You should be able to manage engineering teams with end-to-end accountability in a DevOps model which includes architecture, solutions, design, development, test, deployment, automated pipelines, automated testing, maintenance in production, metrics measurement, and tracking. You should be able to manage a team of up to 15 engineers. This is role need a combination of product engineering and people management (approximate 70-30 ratio)
- Lead a team of engineers and developers in the design, development, and implementation of conversational AI systems
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to define project requirements and goals.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving the performance and accuracy of conversational AI systems.
- Manage the full software development lifecycle, from ideation to deployment and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and ensure that the team adheres to best practices in software development.
- Manage team members, provide feedback, and foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in conversational AI and related technologies and find ways to incorporate them in our solutions to improve user experience.
- Hold the team to a high standard of code quality, unit testing, architecture, tech debt management, and code security, etc.
Requirements and Skills
- 13+ years of experience designing, developing, hosting, and maintaining large scale distributed applications.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development, with a focus on conversational AI systems.
- Deep understanding of natural language processing, machine learning, and related technologies.
- Understanding and ability to implement best-of-the-breed software engineering practices.
- Good working knowledge of DevOps processes at scale
- Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies, quick prototyping, and ability to define overall approach to drive project delivery.
- Strong experience in dealing with performance, scalability, distributed caching, Web Services, and open-source technologies.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Strong verbal & written communication: should be able to articulate concisely & clearly.
- You should have the following technology and framework exposer.
- Extensive experience with C#, .NET , Python based development
- Development experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform with focus on utilizing the NLP services like LUIS; other cloud-based NLP experience is also welcome
- Experience with conversational AI platforms such as Dialogflow, Amazon Lex,Azure Chatbot or others.
- Experience with HTTP, Sockets, REST, RESTful, JSON API services in a programming language (besides PHP).
- Familiarity with databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc.
Leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation.