Senior Software Development Engineer, Remote
LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a Conversational AI company creating digital experiences that are Curiously Human. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
Welcome to the Conversation Orchestration team at LivePerson! Here you will work with internal and external AI platforms, making it better and easier for brands to help their customers by messaging.
You will work with many teams, external partners, and large customers to deliver AI-based agent matching and routing solutions. This is an entirely new capability to the LivePerson platform and includes a mix of modernizing legacy systems and building entirely new features from the ground up.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for important systems and deliver high availability and performance.
- Develop and Deploy Java-based enterprise-level solutions.
- Design REST-based API for backend services.
- Build new features from initial concept to release. Maintain existing applications with uptime on par with industry-standard.
- Use monitoring tools and logging services to debug and analyze production issues.
- Evaluate open source tools and frameworks and make recommendations of usage when applicable. Develop technical specifications and documentation.
- Coordinate with the data science team to Develop and Deploy machine learning pipeline.
- Proven experience as a Java, NodeJS, and TypeScript, backend systems developer.
- Strong experience with complex systems designs with large-scale traffic.
- Experience in enterprise systems integration.
- Design through flowcharts, sequence diagrams, and similar.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with data at scale, including Kafka and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to self-learn and grow
Nice to have Experience:
- Java backend applications.
- Cloud-based systems (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Database fundamentals (SQL, indexing).
- Multi-cloud security.
Why you'll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces.
Belonging at LivePerson
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Your application has been successfully submitted.