Software Development Engineer I - Java
LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a Conversational AI company creating digital experiences that are Curiously Human. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
- Use technical knowledge to Analyze, debug, fix and deploy bugs and incidents.
- Work with other team members, the engineering manager, and the product manager on features.
- Improve the documentation of the services.
- Focus on production readiness including Root Cause Analysis, Testing, Monitoring, Reliability and Documentation
- Contribute to the team’s on-call rotation to improve incident coverage.
- At least three years of professional experience in JAVA or other backend technologies.
- Must have knowledge of microservices.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns for microservices.
- Knowledge of JVM (Java Virtual Machine), its drawbacks, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience with RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, monitoring, observability, and platform tooling
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, hand, and related debugging.
- A globally, multicultural team from 30+ nationalities
- Great benefits such as pension plans, medical plans, dental plans, and more.
- 100% remote-friendly, work from anywhere opportunity.
- Lucrative 28 vacation days, plus additional care days.
- Learning opportunities and we offer cloud certifications.
- WeWork Corporate Pass – use anywhere in the world.
- Exciting travel opportunities to headquarters (post-COVID).
- Choose a machine of your choice (Mac or Windows).
- Your Internet and Cell Phone are on us.
- Team meets, lunches, dinners, and offsite fun activities.
- You will work with brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
- Read more about LivePerson and Our Principles here.
Why you'll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces.
Belonging at LivePerson
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Your application has been successfully submitted.