Location: London (hybrid working)
Employment Type: Permanent, full time
Solution bringers. Day makers. Extra milers. We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our members wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers. As a Digital Conversation Designer, you’ll always go the extra mile for our members. In return, we’ll go the extra mile for you, with excellent training, support and development opportunities.
This is the job
Joining the AA as a Digital Conversation Designer, you’ll design new features and optimise each step of our flagship AI assisted conversational experiences on our website, apps, and other channels.
Within the role, you’ll design and support our AI assistants to evolve by becoming more helpful and natural when they talk to our customers ensuring more of a human experience. You’ll build upon the platforms to flow in an engaging way and can call on a variety of tools and techniques to help you define intents, entities and context in information structures that ultimately help people find answers to their questions.
You will work alongside, and collaborate with, our talented designers, content editors, product owners and developers to deliver an excellent customer experience across all conversational channels.
We have recently launched a new AI platform and have more exciting plans on the horizon within 2023, are you ready to join the journey with us?
What will I be doing?
- Undertake project design and development work taking projects from concept to delivery, including supporting discovery work with multiple business and product areas across the AA
- Develop conversational interfaces for voice interactions, chatbots, live chat, asynchronous messaging, and digital assistants – predominantly using LivePerson
- Prepare storyboards, user/process flows and demos to effectively demonstrate interactions and designs to support our messaging experience for customers and internal users
- Develop, debug and deploy conversational experiences
- Discuss development and key milestone deliverables with the project team, scrum team, operational teams, and digital and operational leadership
- Support with creating guidelines, best practices, and standards for conversational experiences at the AA
What do I need?
We’d love to hear from you if you are an experienced Designer/Engineer with Digital Conversations and AI platforms. You’ll bring expertise and passion to design complex conversational interfaces. You will have a background in designing and developing Chatbots, messaging and automation experiences for various channels i.e., web, social media messaging etc.).
Apart from the technical abilities, we look for individuals who are not afraid to go outside of their comfort zone, share knowledge/skills with others and be willing to learn, develop their careers.
You will join a growing team of talented designers and content editors, working in London Southbank. This role is a great opportunity to be involved in defining the future of a market-leading product and delivering a great experience for our customers.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. As a valued member of The AA team, you’ll have access to a range of benefits including:
- Annual Bonus
- Diverse learning and development opportunities to support you to progress in your career
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Free AA breakdown membership after 12 months, 50% discount in your first year
- Discounts on AA products including car and home insurance
- Employee discount scheme that gives you access to a car salary sacrifice scheme plus great discounts on healthcare, shopping, holidays and more
- Worksave pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
Plus, so much more!
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone. The AA values diversity and the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, be empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong. We have five communities to bring together people with shared characteristics and backgrounds and drive positive change.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Love that feeling?