Senior Product Manager – Conversational AI
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Customer Support Product team is responsible for delivering on our support & service vision across our Group markets in the UK, Ireland & Central Europe.
As a team, we deliver customer & business value by executing on a diverse portfolio of customer & colleague focused apps, spanning both digital self-service channels (Tesco Grocery & Clubcard app, the tesco.com website, post order communications with customers & the Little Helper chatbot) & assisted channels (Customer Engagement Centres & Stores).
We are looking for a driven, motivated & experienced Senior Product Manager to join our amazing product team. If you want to make a direct impact on our customers' experience by:
- Helping them have an effortless support experience.
- Delivering to our Customer Support product vision & strategy.
- Continuously learning from each other within the team and more widely.
Then apply and join us!
Tesco is leveraging Natural Language Processing (NLP) to create an incredible supported shopping experience from sign-in to post order and this is a rare opportunity to work on our NLP powered conversational AI chatbot.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for shaping the outcomes and driving forward the strategic roadmap that will deliver the best possible conversational AI customer experience. You will own a compelling vision & strategy and drive the roadmap and backlog for this varied and exciting space. You will collaborate closely with UX Design & Research (UXDR), Analytics and Engineering to support optimisation and feature development
You will be responsible for
While specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the evolving needs of the Tesco retail business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Have complete ownership of the Tesco conversational AI chatbot, involving multiple internal/external stakeholders.
- Formulate and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for the chatbot, aligning this with wider strategic priorities set out in the business plan & technology plan.
- Quickly build market knowledge and assess new product opportunities for NLP.
- Engage with stakeholders to set the strategy, roadmap, and OKRs, and drive prioritisation of deliverables.
- Lead discovery work for new problem/opportunity areas, collaborating with user experience design & research (UXDR) and engineering teams to prototype and validate assumptions, ideas and experiments.
- Effectively document and articulate new requirements to the engineering team using user stories and acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Day-to-day co-ordination of Scrum team, including management of ceremonies and process optimisation/inspection.
- Respond and prioritise fixes for live issues and continuous improvement.
- Update stakeholders and leadership on progress against strategy & OKRs, impact of releases & features at regular forums e.g. Online Monthly Product Review (OMPR).
- Close engagement with API teams and collaboration across app and API capability teams to ensure consistent prioritisation.
You will need
Experience relevant for this job:
- Clear understanding and experience of product management, including best practices, ways of working, and Agile working processes.
- Strong experience in product discovery.
- Have launched at least one MVP product from ideation to delivery.
- Clear understanding of customer experience metrics and KPIs.
Skills relevant for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Great presentation and persuasion skills.
- Ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards assigned work.
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.