Senior Principal Conversational Designer
Do you want your work to have a real, measurable impact on the lives of millions of people around the world every day?
Nuance, the pioneer and leader in conversational AI, is looking for a flexible and experienced Product Design Lead to execute research, design, prototype and validate the next wave of innovation for our Patient Engagement Solutions. With Microsoft’s recent acquisition of Nuance, the opportunities to leverage our leading AI and voice technologies to significantly transform physician workflows has reached an entirely new level.
What you'll do:
You will own and drive content and conversational design for a variety of conversational interfaces that are pre-built for industry-specific and agnostic products. As a rigorous language-first conversational designer with a creative flair for content and expertise in conversational AI technologies, you'll:
Gather requirements, design flows, and write final content for IVR, Virtual Assistants, Chatbots, and omnichannel conversational interfaces
Contribute to product requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, model/intent training, defining support procedures.
Work with product management leadership, project managers, conversational AI architects, developers, and fellow designers to strategize, design, and deliver enterprise conversational AI assets.
Collaborate with teams across the organization to identify requirements and design voice and digital self-service assets for diverse use cases across industries and modalities
Contribute to and/or lead conversational content strategy guides and design omnichannel and cross-channel solutions aligned with client organizational content principles (brand voice and tone, legal, compliance, etc.)
Design and deliver POCs, demos, and prototypes in alignment with product leadership and sales executives across the firm.
- 10+ years’ experience across all phases of the product design lifecycle, developing complex workflow applications utilizing design thinking, solution prototyping and design skills, usability feedback and testing cycles
- Excellent arbitration skills.
- Confident presentation, communication and facilitation skills with a mastery of user experience principles, and ability to effectively represent them.
Demonstrated experience with:
- The definition and leadership of design discovery initiatives, as well as iterative user feedback programs within product development cycles.
- The creation of UX artifacts serving the entirety of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to user personas, JTBD frameworks, user journey maps, workflow diagrams, information architecture schemas, wireframes, service blueprints and finished UI designs.
- User requirements gathering activities including business analysis, task analysis, design sprints and user interviews.
- The creation of functional prototypes for user testing and feedback.
- Designing consistent user experiences across different user interaction and device contexts (e.g. conversational input vs. GUI, mobile vs. desktop, tablet).
- Development of UX KPI metrics to measure success in product improvements.
- An eye for detail and consistency, especially regarding both visual and interaction design.
- Maintain clear priorities and work efficiently within a fluid, agile product development ecosystem.
- Regularly communicate upward and outward on program progress.
Education: BS or higher (MS preferred) in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, HCI or a UX design-related field or equivalent experience.
- Healthcare product delivery and/or clinical documentation experience
- Understanding of HIPAA compliance and securing patient health information.
- Research planning, facilitation, analysis, and synthesis methodologies
- An understanding of mobile first and responsive UI design
- Mentoring and/or managing junior UX team members
- UX and UI design tools including Figma and Miro, familiarity with UX research tools including Dovetail and Qualtrics
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.