AI/ML - Applied Machine Learning Engineer, Speech and Audio Systems
Do you want to maximize your ML skills and speech domain knowledge to play a meaningful role in the next revolution of Natural Language Understanding/Conversational AI? The Siri team is looking for a high caliber Applied Machine Learning Engineer to define innovative approaches for evaluating speech and audio systems. You will run experiments, statistically interpret data with a mind on causation, data visualization, plus designing, building, and evaluating models. Join the team that’s building groundbreaking conversational assistant technologies that already helps millions of people get things done on daily bases.
- 5+ years of professional work experience developing systems for automatic speech recognition (ASR), speech synthesis, and natural language understanding
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Extensive experience with machine learning frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Good experience with large-scale data processing and distributed systems
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Excellent data analytical skills. Strong attention to detail. Proven track record to dive into data to discover hidden patterns and conduct error/deviation analysis
As Siri is becoming increasingly complex AI system, it is critical to understand the impact of each ML model on other dependent models, while assessing the impact on Siri end-user experience. Siri team owns the development of advanced evaluation methodologies for ML based systems, model interpretability, and experimentation, to ensure that every release delivers an improved Siri user experience. You will join a team that is redefining computing, creating groundbreaking conversational assistant technologies for both large scale systems and new client devices, and with the people who built the intelligent assistants.
We are searching for a talented Applied ML Engineer who is excited by the prospect of working on product-focused team to define new directions for evaluating. Our Engineers are creative, inspired, innovative, energetic, self motivated people who lead the industry in developing.
Are you one of us?
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering in the area of Speech/Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Expertise in any of the following areas is a BIG plus: adversarial machine learning , conversational dialogue systems, natural language generation, and question-answering.
- Exposure to model interpretability techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.