Speech & NLP Researcher
About the role
We are currently looking for an applied Speech & NLP researcher to join our Tel-Aviv office.
In this role you will apply deep learning and advanced Speech and NLP techniques to develop AI-based products and features such as topic extraction, audio description, text summarization, sentiment analysis, textual classification and more.
- Define research problems based on product needs.
- Explore existing approaches to research problems as well as develop new ones.
- Conduct end-to-end data-driven research and development supporting Verbit’s analytics offering for different verticals.
The Ideal Candidate:
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Machine Learning/NLP/Speech or any equivalent applied research experience.
- Good understanding of DNNs and experience with PyTorch/TF/other platforms
- 5+ years experience in applied research up to production code level
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Self-learner and excited about new domains
- Hands-on experience with ASR and/or NLP tools such as transformers, BERT, GPT, etc. – a great advantage.
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verbit provides technologies that make content in classrooms, workplaces and online environments more accessible.