Senior Product Manager – Smart Assistant: Online Banking
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Online Banking Smart Assistant Product Manager will report to the Smart Assistant Experience Owner in the U.S. Bank Consumer Digital Office. They will be responsible for developing a Smart Assistant experience vision and associated roadmap that contributes to achieving our goal of becoming central to our customer’s financial lives. Areas of focus include regularly reviewing customer queries to identify feature improvements and opportunities, imagining new conversational experiences to address add customer and business value, and ensuring best-in-class delivery and on-going management of an industry leading virtual assistant. The person in this role will collaborate with peers and other leaders to visualize, strategize, prioritize, implement, and measure our impact and growth of digital engagement through Smart Assistant to maximize value to the bank.
Core responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with stakeholders and business partners to define Smart Assistant capabilities and experience, aligning with other Consumer segment and enterprise strategies.
- Partner with capability managers, delivery managers, architects, UX Design, scrum masters, business lines and other product managers to evangelize the best solutions and facilitate execution across various stakeholders.
- Hands-on leader who excels at data analysis and customer research to drive discovery and ensure the right problems are identified along with the most fitting solution.
- Work collaboratively across Business Lines / Functions to define, sequence, and execute the Smart Assistant roadmap.
- Serve as an evangelist and subject matter expert for Smart Assistant, offering insight and opportunity to other product managers.
- Advocates and embodies customer-obsession, within and outside the Consumer digital team, resulting in simple, frictionless, & innovative digital products/experiences.
- Presents persuasively and authoritatively to peers and senior leadership, while facilitating collaborative conversation.
- Create experience roadmaps aligned with partner business objectives.
- Take experiences from initial concept through user research, co-creation, and rapid prototyping.
- Articulates the trade-off between KPIs that measure customer experience and KRIs that measure risk.
- Clearly quantifies the strategic value and business benefit of Smart Assistant and contributes to executive management evangelization for investment approval.
- Demonstrates thought leadership by integrating analytics to drive innovative experiences for customers that have a positive impact on business results.
- Manages a consistent, repeatable set of product artifacts (product-level roadmaps, feature / function gap analysis, journey / process maps, inventory of “best-in-class” experiences), evolving them in sync as our business changes and grows.
Support the end-to-end journey strategy from inception, and determine business value to be created Define an integration plan across the agile team to ensure seamless, end-to-end experience across the journey Work closely with the IT Architect and developers to see how the journey will integrate with the bank’s architecture and be re-usable across future journeys Ensure customer-driven design across user pain points, market needs, and usability test results Manage Epics and Stories that support customer and business needs, and generate agreement at quarterly Roadmap and Planning Interval sessions
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience; Masters Degree preferred
- 10 or more years of product management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Virtual Assistant, Chat Bot, or Conversational AI experiences
- Strong technical and systems analysis skills
- Considerable experience with digital product development in an Agile environment
- Extensive product/program development, implementation and strategic analysis experience within a matrixed environment
- Excellent management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of competitive market, operations and various products and services within financial services or other direct to consumer industries
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehension of delivering digital experiences within REACT environment
- Strong financial and competitive analysis skills
- Financial services experience
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $125,715.00 - $147,900.00 - $162,690.00Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.