Senior Research Scientist – Conversational AI
We are looking for a Researcher with broad expertise in conversational AI with a focus on knowledge augmented dialog systems. An ideal candidate would possess excellent understanding and experience in building and evaluating dialog systems including open-domain and/or goal oriented dialog systems. Additional experience in leveraging structured world/domain knowledge to improve conversational AI systems is a strong plus. You will work with fellow research scientists to propose and execute cutting edge research to build better dialog systems and chatbots for Samsung devices. You will be collaborating with fellow research scientists and engineers to develop solutions to real world problems, invent patents, and publish findings in top-tier AI conferences.
- PhD degree with a Machine Learning or AI focus
- Experience conducting conversational AI research for open domain or goal oriented dialog
- Experience in one or more conversational AI sub-topics such as contextual natural language understanding, natural language generation (e.g., controlled NLG, contextual NLG, text summarization, etc.), end-to-end open-domain dialog models, dialog state tracking, and action prediction/response generation
- Expertise in state of the art deep learning-based NLP research including large language models for conversational AI (e.g., GPT, Megatron, etc.)
- Experience in areas such as world/domain knowledge representation, reasoning with knowledge, knowledge retrieval or knowledge triple extraction in the context of conversational AI systems is an added plus
- Development experience in deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Software skills in one or more languages (C, C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Strong publication records in AI-related and NLP-related conferences (NeurIPs, AAAI, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, SIGDIAL, KDD, etc.)
- Strong team work and communication skills
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are behind every Samsung product that has transformed the boundaries of innovation.