Medical Conversation Writer
Working at Real Chemistry and in the healthcare industry isn’t just a job for us. We got into this field for different reasons, but we all stay for the same reason – to uncover insights, make meaningful connections, infuse creativity, and improve the patient experience by transforming healthcare through AI and ideas.
Real Chemistry creates the world around modern therapies with over 2,000 talented professionals, and for the last 20+ years has, carved out its space at the intersection between healthcare, marketing and communications, data & AI, and the people at the heart of it all. We work with the top 30 pharma and biotech companies and are built for uncommon collaboration—we believe we are best together, bring together experts from a wide range of disciplines collaborate without barriers under a single, unified mission: to transform what healthcare is to what it should be. This one-of-a-kind model allows us to work in a way that better reflects how people experience healthcare—all with the intent to transform healthcare from what it is to what it should be. But we can’t do it alone – you in?
conversationHEALTH, a division of Real Chemistry, is growing its team and has an exciting new Medical Writer role. conversationHEALTH is a global health innovation company powering millions of AI conversations - making the world a healthier place for all. Our SaaS products and consulting services are helping pharmaceutical and biotech companies reimagine how they engage Health Care Practitioners, patients, and consumers.
conversationHEALTH was built to drive engagement, help educate, and support health stakeholders, all of which are critical to ensuring successful health outcomes. Our clients are all Top 30 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies, and our work is targeted to supporting Enterprise customers globally.
The primary function of the Medical Writer is to develop medical and/or promotional communications for conversationHEALTH’s AI chatbot agents. This includes having a strong understanding of how to integrate medical writing with conversationHEALTH’s SaaS platform to deliver best in class AI-powered health conversations and healthcare solutions to external stakeholders (e.g., pharmaceutical clients, healthcare professionals, patients, healthcare consumers etc.). The Medical Writer is responsible for using medical knowledge to interpret medical data in order to communicate scientifically sound content.
Reporting to the Medical Writer Manager, the Medical Writer works with the Creative/Design, Account (Client Success), Project Management, Technical, as well as Editorial teams to execute on-brand marketing solutions or medical communication objectives/strategies within specified deadlines. The Medical Writer’s aim is to collaborate with internal stakeholders to help create innovative conversational AI agents that reflect conversationHEALTH’s mission and vision. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, global agency!
What You’ll Do
- Perform research to support project-specific work, reviewing literature, and assessing market research results to understand the underlying science and product strategy of the brand/marketplace
- Understand medical concepts, and be able to present data and its interpretation accurately and concisely across several therapeutic areas
- Critically analyze and synthesize complex scientific information from client assets and communicate these ideas in conversation writing
- Communicate/incorporate commercial messages and brand strategic objectives in conversation writing as per client’s needs
- Understand and adhere to the regional promotional content regulations under guidance of the editorial team
- Under the supervision of Medical Writer Manager and/or UX team, incorporate best practices in conversation user experience (CUX) writing to ensure communication objectives are met and are appropriate to the target audience (HCP vs. consumer)
- Use appropriate language, tone, writing style (e.g., AMA), internal logic, organization, accuracy, consistency, word choice, and citations/references as well as enforcement of regulatory/compliance standards (e.g., FDA, PAAB, ABPI) to ensure effective delivery of content solutions
- Cite references appropriately
- Establish solid working relationships internally, and collaboratively engaging with Medical Writing, Account (Client Success), Technical, Creative, and Project Management teams
- Confidently liaise with clients with appropriate support from more senior team members and respond promptly to client requests
- Review client feedback and edit conversations, discussing with internal stakeholders as needed
- Coordinate with editorial team to update conversation libraries and applicable project documents to ensure they are up-to-date (including organizing and/or renaming documents for version control and archiving old files)
- Participate in stand-up meetings to review project updates and/or concerns.
- Contribute to client-facing documents when appropriate (e.g., workshops, presentations, briefs etc.)
- Raise red flags and/or new issues with the Medical Writer Manager and/or respective teams
- Provide backup to other members of the Medical Writing department, including the Senior Medical Writers and Medical Writer Manager to meet project goals
- Actively seek improvement of skills and furthering of knowledge for career growth within conversationHEALTH
This position is a Perfect Fit for You If
- Our Company values – Best Together, Impact-Obsessed, Excellence Expected, Evolve Always and Accountability with an “I” – really speak to you.
- You are adaptable, resilient, and OK with adjusting your scope, responsibilities, and focus as we grow. When things change, so do we. We’re always evolving.
- You are proactive, driven and resourceful with strong prioritization skills and a desire to dive into the data.
- You are highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines.
What You Should Have
- Relevant degree (preferably RPh/PharmD, Masters, PhD or related discipline) in Life Sciences
- Experience in medical and/or promotional pharmaceutical writing/communication, or other relevant background (i.e,: UX writing, copywriting, medical writing agency etc.) an asset
- Possesses a solid scientific background and able to quickly learn new therapeutic areas / medical specialties and demonstrate this knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a clear, concise, and accurate writing style
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Can adapt and define new processes in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate high scientific research information to different audience types (e.g., various HCPs, patients, consumers, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively
Real Chemistry is proud to be Great Place to Work® certified; check out what our people shared about our culture and workplace on our Great Places to Work Profile here.
Real Chemistry is currently operating with a flexible, hybrid approach and giving our teams the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – at home, in office or a mix.* We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and make the world a healthier place. This policy will continue to be evaluated and may change in the future as we seek to ensure our people stay inspired, engaged, and motivated to do their best work.
Real Chemistry offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including options for medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k match, flexible PTO, and entitlement to a five-week sabbatical program after 5 years of service. Other perks include an annual wellness reimbursement, student loan debt contributions, mental wellness coaching and support, and access to more than 13,000 online classes with LinkedIn Learning. Additional benefits for those just starting or continuing with their family building journey include access to enhanced fertility support, Bright Horizons family support programs, as well as expanded paid leave for new parents including personalized coaching support through Your 4th Trimester ®. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: https://www.realchemistry.com/
Real Chemistry is committed to being an Equal Opportunity employer. As such, we seek motivated and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Real Chemistry operates. We strive to employ, motivate, advance and reasonably accommodate any qualified employees and applicants. We believe diversity of persons and ideas forms the most comprehensive, forward-looking company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are transforming what healthcare is to what it should be.