Text-to-speech Researcher – Research Lab
IBM has doubled down on conversational AI, leading with Watson Assistant – our general conversational application platform and with our new Watson Orders offering, a deep technology specialized on the problem of conversational ordering in quick service restaurant environments. This work is being powered by innovations from IBM Research which has a long history of distinguished contributions to the field of speech processing. The position that we have opened in here is a position in IBM Research with a specific focus on technology development in collaboration with IBM’s business units.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking to hire a researcher in Speech Synthesis, who is expected to become part of the Research & Development team that is responsible for the IBM Watson Text-to-speech (TTS) product. We are looking for candidates that can create a significant impact in this field, including scientific impact. The selected candidate will be able to perform advanced exploratory research, innovate and publish scientific work. He will also contribute to the development and enhancement of our state-of-the-art speech synthesis system.
- Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseExtensive academic background and research experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Signal Processing
- Substantial publication record
- Experience in software development in Python
- Experience with the PyTorch framework
- Looking for PhD graduates, excellent MSc graduates will also be considered
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Industry experience and strong programming skills
- Experience with designing and deploying AI models or systems
- Experience with neural-network based approaches to speech synthesis
- Experience with speech recognition and natural language processing
- Knowledge of languages (other than English and Hebrew
Your application has been successfully submitted.