Software Engineer, Virtual Intelligent Chat Assistant
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.We are looking for a MERN stack full-stack developer to help design and build our next-generation Chatbot Platform (VICA).
VICA (Virtual Intelligent Chat Assistant) is GovTech's next-generation Chatbot/Virtual Assistant/Conversational AI SaaS cloud platform. It will serve as the platform to enable the tech refresh of all 90+ existing Ask Jamie govt agency chatbots. VICA will also leverage Machine Learning/AI technologies to perform advanced analytics on chatbot content, to improve the citizen experience when interacting with govt agency chatbots.
Projects will involve building chatbots and and chatbot platform front-end and back-end components, developing integrations with 3rd party components, and developing and consuming SOAP/REST web services.
What you will be working on:
- Developing and maintaining server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing and maintaining client-side frontend components.
- Collaborating with product owners, designers and other developers on the integration of elements.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Our technology stack is based on MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, Node.js), with Python for our ML components
- We use Kubernetes and Docker for CI/C
- REST APIs
- Infrastructure running on Cloud (AWS)
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Python or Golang is a bonus
- Working experience in back-end development and various frontend frameworks, e.g. React.js, Storybook, MUI and etc
- Expertise in architecting scalable and reliable cloud-based software solutions
- Experience with Python backend frameworks like FastAPI and Flask is a bonus
- Knowlwdge in web technologies like WebSocket or WebRTC is a bonus
- Working experience with agile teams
- Working experience in automated software testing
- Working experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure
- Working experience developing and integrating with SOAP/REST APIs
- Working experience with DevOps and CI/CD
- Working experience with Google Dialogflow is a bonus
- Working experience with other Chatbots/ML/NLP is a bonus
- Works well as part of a team in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Engineering Digital Government. Making Lives Better. #GovTechForPublicGood