Director of Conversational Design, AI and Automation Solutions
Five9 provides businesses reliable, scalable, and secure cloud contact center software designed to create exceptional customer experiences, increase agent productivity, and deliver tangible business results.
We are driven by a passion to transform contact centers into customer engagement centers of excellence. Since 2001, Five9 has led the cloud revolution in contact centers, helping organizations transition from legacy premise-based solutions to the cloud.
To accommodate our rapid growth, Five9 is seeking a Director of Conversational Design to lead a small team of designers in our AI and Automated Solutions Team. The ideal candidate is a passionate, self-managed individual who delights customers with their consulting skills. This is a key position within our Professional Services organization and will be responsible for developing the conversational design methodologies and best practices as well as design artifacts to be used in the design of best-in-class voice, chatbots, and omnichannel conversational applications. Major focus areas of this role are:
Location: Remote, US
- Leverage extensive industry and academic experience and successes to design best in class natural language applications to meet customer’s business requirements.
- Conduct original and secondary research related to conversational AI, AI aversion, and natural language understanding.
- Hire and coach a small (3 – 4) team of conversational designers on Five9 conversational design methodologies and best practices.
- Design and implement conversational design re-use strategy.
- Provide consulting services on voice and text (chatbot) applications.
- Contribute to and/or lead design sprints, workshops, reviews, and related activities with business, technical, and creative leadership.
- Contribute to and/or lead enterprise content strategy guides and design omnichannel and cross-channel solutions aligned with client organizational content principles (brand voice and tone, legal, compliance, etc.).
- Assist the design and development team to build awareness relative to industry commercial realities (vertical approach, competitive and technical differences).
- Maintain proficiency on available platforms (Five9 Studio, Amazon Lex, Google Dialogflow, Nuance ASR, IBM Watson, etc.).
- Work closely with QA team to develop effective test plans for SIT and pre-UAT, track and resolve issues during UAT.
- Provide optimization and tuning services: analyze conversations to unearth patterns, implement learnings into the application, track efficacy and present business insights to customers.
- Support pre-sales activities and work in tandem with Solution Engagement Managers and Automation Presales team to validate scoping and direct customer interactions.
- Provide the ‘voice of the customer’ to PS, Product Management and Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in VUI design, conversational AI model development and tuning to provide advanced AI and voice services and customer consultation.
- Demonstrable credentials in designing NLP and AI applications across vertical markets.
- Deep business analytics skills that drive application success.
- Voice and Chat bot design experience with Google Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, IBM Watson, Rasa, other bot frameworks, Nuance ASR.
- An ability to quickly establish credibility and customer confidence based on experience and knowledge.
- International experience in developing applications across multiple regions.
- Experience in successfully working with off-shore Centers of Excellence.
- Strong operational and analytical skills. Ability to describe trends and provide insight on future offerings.
- Exceptional communications skills, with a proven capability for public speaking, professional writing, and active listening.
- PhD (preferred) or MS (minimum) in relevant fields such as linguistics, natural language processing, computational linguistics, psychology, etc
Learn more about our Employee Benefits offerings and other perks here.
Five9 embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we are. Five9 is an equal opportunity employer.
Our headquarters are located in the beautiful Bishop Ranch Business Park in San Ramon, CA.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping Companies #ReimagineCX and Turn Vision Into Reality