Conversational Experience Designer
Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in User Experience, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, Psychology, Human Computer-Interaction (HCI), Human Factors or a related field
- 3 years of experience or equivalent competency designing solutions for software, web applications or mobile native apps
- 2 years of experience using industry standard design and prototyping tools to create low- and high-fidelity designs, such as VoiceFlow or Figma
- Demonstrated experience applying the design decision making process and using data and key findings to inform design
- Demonstrated experience supporting the iterative design process from end-to-end, including wire-framing, prototyping, user testing and high-fidelity visuals
- Master’s degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, Psychology, Human Computer-Interaction (HCI), Human Factors or a related field
- Experience defining the success criteria and key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure design effectiveness
- Experience with speech design, voice user interface design, or natural-language interface design, testing, tools, processes and platforms, such as Alexa Skills Kit, Dialogflow or IBM Watson Assistant
- Experience influencing, negotiating with and gaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Foundational understanding of common design heuristics and principles
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence (AI) or machine learning
- Foundational understanding of fundamental language interaction, such as prosody or Cooperative Principle
As a Conversational Experience Designer, you'll deliver superior conversational product experiences to achieve business objectives and successful client outcomes. In this role, you'll apply UX, UI, and conversation principles and methodologies to enhance conversational product design through user research and testing.
- Design conversational product experiences for chatbots, IVA/IVR, SMS, and voice assistants
- Collaborate with teams to create user-centered conversational product designs, requirements, workflows and strategies
- Create conversational experiences and interfaces for product prototypes in keeping with industry standards and best practices
- Conduct user research, including planning, prioritization, feedback collection and action plan creation
- Translate user needs and business requirements into compelling experiences
- Create user journeys, user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes across multiple devices and interfaces
- Create low- and high-fidelity artifacts and prototypes to communicate design intent
- Recommend metrics to define, manage and measure design success and prioritize enhancements
- Contribute to conversation design best practices, personality, guidelines and templates
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. § 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately seventy-three thousand five hundred dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are the centralized hub for the Rocket Companies fintech platform, delivering innovative solutions.