NLP Dialog Engineer – Core Technology at Watson Orders
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for highly skilled Software Engineers and Computational Linguists to work on our cutting-edge Conversational AI system for the Drive-Thru. Our team uses linguistic expertise, software engineering skills, and data-driven approaches to solve complex Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Dialog Management, and Natural Language Generation (NLG) problems.Responsibilities:
• Partner with computational linguists, machine learning experts, and domain experts to improve core functionality.
• Redesign and refactor core applications to be more modular, testable, and robust to scaling to multiple businesses.
• Actively maintain standards and best practices at IBM Watson Orders, including policy judgments about code style, documentation, and library use.
• Write code in Python to manage dialog flow and apply voice actions in context.
• Contribute to improving our conversational simulator for synthetic training data generation for ML-based Natural Language Understanding.
• Analyze real-world data to identify patterns and common failure modes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Python.
- 1+ years of professional experience with Git.
- History of fostering a positive and collaborative environment
- A demonstrated interest in acquiring new skills
- Fluent or native proficiency in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Professional experience with conversational AI (chatbots, virtual assistants, etc.)
- Graduate degree (MA/MS, PhD) in Computer Science, Linguistics, or related field
- Professional experience with Linux
- Fluent or native proficiency in Spanish
Your application has been successfully submitted.