Senior Product Marketing Manager, Store No 8 - Conversational Commerce
What you'll do...
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.
This team within Store Nº8 is reimagining how families shop and manage their households. They are hard at work designing new products that simplify the shopping experience and integrate naturally into a customer’s routine.
About the Team
Walmart Conversational Commerce is creating a differentiated customer experience for Walmart customers. Our goal is to deeply enhance the retail relationship and optimize it for the digital world. We are building a hard-working passionate team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation. We are looking for people who are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and forward-thinking to join us in our mission.
About the Role
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager on the Conversational Commerce team, you’ll build our lifecycle marketing efforts for Voice commerce by developing strategies for testing all aspects of CRM including engagement and segmentation strategy for internal and external marketing channels. You’ll own and execute Conversational Commerce’s strategic growth roadmap through CRM initiatives.
To succeed in this role, you will be someone who has a proven track record of driving customer acquisition and retention through industry best practices across communication channels such as Email, Push, SMS, and site-targeted content, among others.
You’ll join a small but mighty team with aggressive growth targets and will be responsible for communicating our brands’ message and value-propositions to the right customers at the right time, focusing on customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. You will work closely with consumer insights, product, and design teams to prove product-market fit and inform product development, develop and launch go-to-market strategy through trial and adoption and deliver an experience that millions of Walmart customers love.
What You'll Achieve
- Foster a deep understanding of Walmart customers and conversational commerce users, and help evangelize the product with partner teams
- Develop & validate GTM hypotheses with demand generation experiments that yield useful insights on how we can improve awareness and adoption of our products and features
- Partner with product to develop ramp plan, including customer targeting, messaging and health metrics for scaling.
- Position our products in the market, including testing product positioning and messaging to generate interest, understanding, and adoption. We must succinctly articulate what we are and how we help people.
- Develop and execute end-to-end customer lifecycle strategies that drive acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Empower partner teams with customer stories, competitive positioning, and a strong feedback loop between marketing and product.
- Bring the Walmart brand and ethos to conversational commerce product(s) and coordinate with other Walmart teams for effective promotion and placement
- Develop expertise in emerging technologies, and establish yourself as an expert on the team in conversational tech.
- Work collaboratively across Research, Customer Insights and Analytics to surface customer stories and establish a strong feedback loop between marketing and product.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years product marketing experience. Experience in early-stage consumer products a plus
- Experience working closely with tech organizations (I.e., product, engineering, design)
- Experience applying consumer insights to inform, define, and optimize product positioning
- E-commerce experience is a major plus
- You're a strong collaborator with a bias for action. You know how to drive decision-making and accountability in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- You thrive in ambiguity. You’re energized by needing to roll up your sleeves, independently problem solve, and pivot when needed
- You’re a strong writer who can distill complex information into understandable, actionable, persuasive assets. You enjoy getting creative in your work.
- You’ve got a strong sense of curiosity and are eager to problem solve and look around corners. You’re eager to work on an emerging technology and develop subject-matter-expertise around conversational commerce
- You’re skilled at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels. People enjoy working with you.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs: New York City, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, or Bentonville
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
250 Hudson St, NEW YORK, NY 10013-1006, United States of America
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Save money. Live better.