As a Software Engineer, you will be working closely with our research and design teams to bring our AI services to our customers around the globe. These include multi-modal systems, speech AI and animation based services. Our core stack is a collection of services built on Linux with a focus on throughput and reliability. The majority of services are implemented in Rust, however our codebase does contain some C++11, Go and Java code. Additionally, you may work alongside researchers to bring their prototypes and models to production so an understanding of Python and Machine Learning frameworks like TensorFlow and Torch are desirable.
We are looking for problem solvers, who have a passion for tackling challenging problems and coming up with practical solutions. You will be collaborating with a cross-functional team of talented scientists, engineers and designers who are equally driven. You should be eager to learn new technologies including languages and frameworks.
- Will work in a dynamic environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules
- Collaborate closely with machine learning and design experts
- Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns
- Review designs and code done by others and provide constructive feedback
- Documenting and testing new or altered features for our services
- Minimum of 1 year of software development experience in industry
- Deep knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Rust, C++11) in a Linux environment; working knowledge of multiple languages
- Modern media streaming protocols like WebRTC, GRPC, etc
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant area
- Strong grasp of data structures, algorithms and communication protocols
- Great understanding of TDD, unit tests, end-to-end tests
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to people with less software experience
- Audio/speech applications or computer vision, understanding of basic ML/DL models (SVM, CNN and LSTM etc), Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch
- Computer graphics and animation or experience with modern game engines
- AWS, Huawei Cloud, Google Cloud services
- Docker, Kubernetes, relevant dev-ops knowledge
What we offer:
Emotech is a flat-structured London based startup. We want each member to be well taken care of and have the capability to grow with the team. You are welcome to suggest any other benefits in addition to all of these in the following!
· Autonomy to make vital decisions and offer solutions that have an impact on company development and the AI world
· Competitive salary package including company equity
· Performance bonus
· Pension scheme (NEST)
· Medical insurance (BUPA UK, private healthcare)
· Work with diverse team with extensive domain expertise, some of the brightest & highly reputable minds in AI, software development, mechanics, business and investment
· Collaboration on various projects with renowned universities, including CMU, UCL, University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London & University of Edinburgh
· Internal knowledge transfer to explore multi-modality, ASR, NLP, computer vision, software architecture and more
· Patent application (registration & legal consultancy)
· Working visa application (application & legal consultancy)
Emotech is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We are building a diverse culture and workforce where is made up of inclusive groups of diverse people and treating all employees and job applicants equally and irrespective of their race, religion, color, nationality, culture, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.