Senior Conversation Designer, AR
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Experience designing voice user interfaces and/or multi-modal interfaces for a range of user contexts and device types.
- Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, cross-functional organization. 2 years of experience leading design projects. 1 year of experience working with executive leaders.
- Experience as a systems thinker and designing for scalable conversation.
- Experience balancing user needs with technical constraints and business considerations.
- Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversation (e.g., Cooperative Principle, turn-taking, cognitive load, pragmatics, prosody) and speech and language technologies (e.g., ASR, NLU, TTS).
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Conversation Designers leverage their knowledge of human language and communication to create seamless and natural interactions for digital systems across surfaces.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a Conversation Designer, you’ll create conversational, voice-forward experiences across multiple surfaces, such as smart speakers, smart displays, auto, and more. You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously, deal with cross-functional stakeholders, and provide feedback and direction to design work. Design work will include understanding product requirements and user context, and you’ll create flows, prompts, and multi-modal interaction patterns.
The Google Augmented Reality team is a diverse group of experts tasked with building the foundations for great immersive computing and building helpful, delightful user experiences. We're focused on making immersive computing accessible to billions of people through mobile devices, and our scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Develop sample dialogs, flow diagrams, and prototypes to effectively communicate voice interactions and design ideas.
- Create detailed, comprehensive voice user interface (VUI) design specifications in collaboration with Engineering and others in User Experience.
- Evaluate usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes.
- Create guidelines, reference artifacts, and resources for third-party developers to assist in VUI design and prompt writing.
- Develop and advocate voice user interface design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent brand experience for users across Google.
Your application has been successfully submitted.