Senior / Staff NLP (Chatbot) Engineer
The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity. We are experiencing rapid growth and are on our way to be publicly listed in September, 2022. Our solutions include:
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
We are looking for a principal or senior engineer to develop state-of-art spoken language tech and integrate the latest results into existing and future voice products. In addition, the qualified candidate should also actively search for new language tech and support the definition of Presto’s new voice features and voice product roadmap for our customers so as to continuously improve user satisfaction and workforce productivity.
- Drive the development and customization of state-of-art high-performance conversational AI engines for Presto business customers
- Support the optimization and integration of conversational AI engines into voice products
- Together with other team members to define required spoken language data for training and testing the AI engines with new voice product features.
- Collaborate closely with product and sales teams about product spec, tech performance, and limitations and provide recommendations for use cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s in computer science or related field with a focus on NLP, ML, AI
- At least 7 years of experience in the natural language field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in using ML toolkits, such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc to develop high-performance ML models and practical language products
- Hands-on working experience with real-time conversational AI engines, including dialog systems, and able to integrate the latest development quickly
- Hands-on development experience in translating ML-based NLP prototypes into product quality code
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-art traditional machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Deep and broad understanding of state-of-art conversational AI systems
- Ability to research ML frameworks/technologies and capable of leveraging them in working prototypes for adoption recommendations.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C, or C++
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good knowledge about embedded spoken language systems
Nice to have:
- Ph.D.in computer science or related field
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our recent funding and the plans to be publicly listed in September, 2022.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Presto is the leader in labor productivity solutions for hospitality businesses.