SENIOR FULL-STACK ENGINEER – CONVERSATIONAL AI (CHATBOT)
The Fidelity Client Solutions Technology organization is looking for a senior full stack software engineer to help build and support Conversational AI (Chatbots) that will seek to bring together capabilities such as account aggregation, financial planning, payments, investment advice and AI-enabled automation capabilities to better serve our clients, more effectively partner with them to accomplish their financial objectives and do it in a way which minimizes complexity and saves them time.
The Client Solutions Technology organization is part of Fidelity’s Personal Investing business unit and is responsible for a variety of products and services aimed at helping customers to plan and manage their investments. Our focus is building self-directed, and advisor assisted end-to-end solutions that push the bounds of financial and technical innovation and improve the financial lives of our customers. Our teams follow an agile process, moving quickly, solving difficult problems in new ways, and empowering everyone to have a voice in the future roadmap of our products. We have a steadfast focus on the improvement of the skills of our team members and allocate time for learning days every week and provide opportunities to evaluate and use new technologies.
The Expertise You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 1+ years of experience developing in Amazon Lex, RASA, Google DialogFlow, or Azure Bot Service.
- Hands-on experience developing GraphQL APIs is a huge plus.
- Experience in crafting workflows, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning algorithms, models, and principles is preferable.
- Experience developing application in public cloud like AWS is desirable.
- Designing, modifying, and implementing a Conversational AI (Chatbot) framework. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools, and applications to meet strategic business goals.
- Develop/Configure/Test a new virtual assistant (Chatbot/Voicebot) within Amazon Lex or improve existing virtual assistant conversations by creating/updating intents, responses, and training phrases to make a chatbot continuously more effective.
- Create and maintain documentation on conversation flows, architecture design, API integration, development, deployment, etc.
- Develop and maintain quantitative key performance indicators to evaluate the effectiveness of the chatbot.
- Assist in coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable, resilient, extensible, and aligned to strategic vision.
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and non-production environment and solving them.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using open-source frameworks.
The Value You Deliver
- Understand the leadership vision and help drive that vision.
- Strengthen and promote the culture of innovation by setting examples.
- Find creative ways to get things done with eye on desired outcome.
- Cultivate a culture of best-in-class software engineering practices.
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up to date with industry.
- Foster high level of integrity and transparency in the team.
- Bring a data-driven & collaborative approach to decision making, both in day-to-day work and in making strategic trade-offs.
Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
Your application has been successfully submitted.