Senior Product Owner
Do you want to positively help change the healthcare industry — and the world — by working at the forefront of AI-powered clinical innovations that are truly transforming the clinician-patient relationship? If this kind of work fuels your passion, come join the pioneer and leader in conversational AI as we help unburden physicians, clinicians, and radiologists around the world while promoting better outcomes for patients. Together, through technology and your enthusiasm for driving greater access to a better standard of care, we will keep discovering new and better ways to capture clinical information and make a meaningful difference for both patients and clinicians across the continuum of care.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Product Management of the Precision Imaging Network line of Business, the Sr. Product Owner will be responsible for leading the development teams for product development activities for Nuance’s market leading AI platform and Clinical solutions.
PIN is an AI-powered cloud platform that delivers patient-specific data and insights from diagnostic imaging into clinical and administrative workflows across the healthcare ecosystem. Leveraging the scale of Nuance’s Power Scribe and PowerShare diagnostic imaging solutions, the Nuance Precision Imaging Network connects imaging stakeholders and facilitates the use of AI to inform precision diagnostics and therapeutics, increase clinician efficiency, and lower overall healthcare costs.
Senior Product Owner is a critical role in the product delivery team. A product owner leads the scrum teams in Agile product development activities by representing customer needs, translating customer needs into specific requirements for the software development teams and setting task priorities. The product owner also assists in market launch and organizational readiness activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver software releases: Understand customer needs, prioritize the backlog, write, and groom user stories, seek clarification and insights from users, write acceptance criteria, accept user stories, validate results with clients, all to achieve the stated product release goals. The Product Owner brings the end-user perspective to the R&D team and works closely with the scrum teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Support efficient work practices: Be an active participant in Agile ceremonies (release planning, scrum meetings, sprint retrospectives) and program meetings. Work effectively in a matrix environment to drive collaboration and results with multiple teams. Leverage IT tools effectively (Microsoft DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, SFDC, Teams, etc.)
- Introduce new and updated solutions to the market: Help execute product launch plans in coordination with product managers, strategic objectives and roadmap developed in conjunction with business stakeholders. Help the cross-functional team prepare for new product launches. Create product collateral and assist in product training.
- Be a subject matter expert: Actively assist the commercial team in promoting our solutions to clients. Engage directly with clients to ensure our solutions meet their clinical and operational needs.
- Manage customer feedback: Manage the processes to address escaped product defects and enhancement requests.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Experience - 7+ years
- Experienced in Agile software development as a Product Owner
- Experience in Azure cloud-hosted AI services platform or equivalent SaaS development experience on a similar platform
- Knowledge of Azure cloud services technical stack and ability to adopt the SW services to support clinical workflows
- Experience in creating concise requirements based on customer and end-user clinical needs and administrative needs, creating user stories, and working closely with software development teams
- Experience in agile software development methodology with iterative customer feedback and ability to react to changing environment or priorities
- Clear thinker, analytical and creative.
- Able to effectively interview and learn quickly from Subject Matter Experts
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- High energy, self-starter, team-player, and delivers results with quality.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Certified Product Owner
- Experienced Microsoft DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, or Salesforce (Service Cloud) user
- Strong technical background with cloud-based SW hosting, container-based deployments, strongly prefer hands-on experience with MS Azure Cloud and experience in service-oriented (SOA) cloud architecture
- Software development experience in C#/.Net or J2EE, Scripting in Python or Java or similar technologies.
- Healthcare departmental workflow awareness such as radiology or specialty clinical environment.
- Knowledge of healthcare IT standards and guidelines such as DICOM, HL7, FHIR
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development and Software Lifecycle management
- Familiarity with cloud solutions, cybersecurity, reliability, HITRUST, and SOC 2.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.