Engineering Manager - Product (Remote)
Snapcommerce provides access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, whatever their income or circumstance.
We solve real-world problems in fintech, travel, and eCommerce as we help our millions of customers spend less and save more. We have raised over $100MM to date and have driven over $1B in sales since the release of our first product (SnapTravel) in 2016. Our growth and impact are a testament to the work and dedication of our 200+ person team around the world.
We are constantly innovating, building, and iterating. We use data to help us move fast and make decisions. We have an open and transparent culture where everyone has access to information empowering them to be an owner. We are all one team and you will find everyone here is willing to help each other work towards a common goal. You can read more about our company values from our CEO here - Core Values.
Employee well-being is a top priority. Whether it’s access to physical/mental health services, competitive compensation, unlimited vacation, or our remote-first work environment - we provide flexible benefits that reflect our employee-first culture and our commitment to a healthy work-life integration.
For highly motivated self-starters, Snapcommerce accelerates your career growth and unlocks your potential through the people, work, and programs it has to offer. Come join us to make an impact in your career and in the world.
About the Role
We are looking to bring on a Product Engineering Manager to lead a squad in our Product Engineering tribe. Our product engineering squads are responsible for building our four core products - hotels, fintech, eCommerce, and our superapp.
The full-stack squad you’ll be leading will consist of an Engineering Manager (this role) that will oversee 6 software engineers. The squad also hosts 2 engineering interns. In addition to software engineers, the squad also contains a Product Manager, Product Owner, Designer, and QA engineer.
Diving into more detail, as a Product Engineering Manager you will:
• Oversee a full-stack team of 6 engineers (+2 eng interns), reporting to the Product Director of Engineering
• Propel the business forward by leading high-impact projects end-to-end in a dynamic, iterative, data-driven, startup environment
• Shape the technical roadmap for the team, contribute to the product roadmap and OKR discussions, and drive the engineering agile processes for the team
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and growth, ensuring team members excel with mentorship, performance review, and L&D, are working on projects at the intersection of interest, experience, and business impact, and have concrete opportunities for growth
• Contribute and/or drive cross-functional projects, working closely with Product and Design
• Ensure the team’s code and release quality by completing code reviews and ensuring end-to-end tests are written, and ensuring a sufficient release cadence for microservices owned by the team
• Strategically contribute technically - write important design docs, tackle particularly intricate components/features or services, etc.
• Contribute to cross-squad and cross-eng technical talks and discussions, and opportunities to improve engineering productivity and processes
• Lead a domain-based squad
- We use a state of the art architecture powered by microservices written with Node / Express, Python / Flask, React, and our proprietary chatbot engine
- We use Postgres for storage and Redis for caching
- We use Gitlab for version control and CI/CD, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS, making use of Kubernetes, RDS, etc
- We invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using Datadog
- We log application-level information using a proprietary logging pipeline, and leverage data insight using Snowflake
- We use Amplitude, Hotjar, and LogRocket for client-side metrics and experimentation
- You have 4+ years of software development experience, including 1+ years of either formal management or close mentoring of junior and intermediate software developers
- You have senior technical depth in frontend development
- You have full-stack experience and are interested in overseeing a full-stack team (approximately 70% frontend, 30% backend)
- You have been a technical lead for shipping major features/projects, and have worked with multiple codebases
- You have been involved in the hiring and interview processes
- You are highly motivated/passionate, interested in continuous learning, and looking forward to working in a dynamic startup environment, with an emphasis on delivering business value
- You have experience owning production services, working in an agile environment, and collaborating with Product Managers and Designers
- You are interested in 30:30:30:10 split between technical leadership, team management, people management, and individual technical contributions
- You have strong knowledge of modern web technologies, system design & architecture, and microservices
- You are a strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical topics
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development - we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
message driven mobile commerce