Senior Speech Engineer
The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity. We are experiencing rapid growth and are on our way to be publicly listed in September, 2022. Our solutions include:
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
We are looking for a senior engineer to develop state-of-art speech recognition technology and integrate the latest results into existing and future voice products. In addition, the qualified candidate will actively research and push the state of the art in new ASR technology and support the definition of Presto’s new voice features and voice product roadmap for our customers so as to continuously improve user satisfaction and workforce productivity.
- Drive the development and customization of state-of-art high-performance ASR engines for Presto business customers
- Support the integration and optimization of ASR engines into voice products
- Partner with other engineers, AI scientists, and Product team members to define required speech data for new voice product features
- Communicate with product and sales teams about tech performance and limitations and provide recommendations for use cases
- Mentor junior members in the speech team
- Master’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience in the speech recognition field
- Deep understanding and hands-on development of state-of-art automatic speech recognition systems
- Hands-on development experience and knowledge in state-of-art traditional machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Hands-on working experience with real-time speech systems and able to integrate the latest development quickly
- Strong programming skills in Python, C, or C++
- Good knowledge about embedded speech recognition systems
Nice to have:
- Ph.D.in computer science or electrical engineering
- Hands-on experience in using and fine-tuning near and far-field speech signal processing algorithms
- Hands-on experience in using and fine-tuning text-to-speech algorithms
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our recent funding and the plans to be publicly listed in September, 2022.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Presto is the leader in labor productivity solutions for hospitality businesses.