Spanish NLP Localization Engineer – Watson Orders
Watson Orders is an IBM Silicon Valley based technology group working on a world-class conversational AI system that can communicate in multiple languages. Our mission is to deliver advanced solutions that address real-world needs in the quick service restaurant industry. We use state-of-the-art Machine Learning and related technologies to deliver a product that will help serve tens of millions of customers per day.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a skilled Spanish NLP Localization Engineer to help adapt our cutting-edge Conversational AI system to support the Spanish language. Our team uses linguistic expertise, software engineering skills, and data-driven approaches to solve complex Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Dialog Management, and Natural Language Generation (NLG) problems.Responsibilities:
- Partner with computational linguists, machine learning experts, and domain experts to adapt our Conversational AI to support Spanish.
- Drive best design practices and decision-making around transforming our Conversational AI into a platform that supports multiple languages.
- Contribute to improving our conversational simulator to generate naturalistic Spanish training data for ML-based Natural Language Understanding.
- Translate our Conversational AI’s dialog response templates into Spanish.
- Write code in Python to manage dialog flow and apply voice actions in context.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent or native proficiency in Spanish
- 2+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- 1+ years of professional experience in Python
- 1+ years of professional experience with Git
- History of fostering a positive and collaborative environment
- A demonstrated interest in acquiring new skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Professional experience with conversational AI (chatbots, virtual assistants, etc.)
- Graduate degree (MA/MS, PhD) in Computer Science, Linguistics, or related field
- Professional experience with Linux
Your application has been successfully submitted.