Senior Software Engineer - Backend, Python
We’re looking for a driven Senior Backend Engineer to join our Framework team. Together with the team, you’ll build our Conversation AI infrastructure product, which enables Enterprise developers to build, deploy and maintain complex AI assistants in a production environment. There are opportunities to lead architecture decisions and own the product. You’ll work on both Open Source and proprietary software. You’ll be collaborating with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers and you'll report to an Engineering Manager. We are building the Conversation AI infrastructure product in Python. Another team is also developing a bot tuning product in Node and React.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Software Development at Rasa is not only about writing Code. Your team will need your support to come up with good architectural designs, quality code, and break an ambitious vision down into milestones and issues. As a senior backend engineer, you'll make an impact on your team by:
- Lead by example and drive feature work beyond just implementation, taking ownership of the whole product experience.
- Be proactive in both product discovery and architecture discussions.
- Share and learn good software practices through code reviewing with your peers.
- Ask the right questions and move forward projects with uncertainties within the context of the team. Enable the team's delivery.
- Focus on solving user problems while designing systems. Avoid pitfalls to over-engineer or optimize prematurely.
- Work on our open source projects alongside our large contributor base and community
- Mentor junior developers and help them develop great software engineering skills
- Navigate our tech stack: Python3, Redis, RabbitMQ, Postgres, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, TypeScript, Node, React, GraphQL with Apollo, among other technologies and frameworks
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You take pride in teaching and learning from teammates, and enjoy constructive peer review in a respectful environment
- You're comfortable being lean and fix problems without waiting for someone to tell you to
- You can effectively communicate what you’re working on with other business functions
- You're able to deliver work under evolving requirements
- You can work with various stakeholders to set priorities; you're able to handle competing priorities
- You will be working from Germany, the UK, or Serbia
- Experience building complex, scalable and highly reliable software systems
- Experience teaching & communicating technical material
- Advanced knowledge in Python or another backend programming language
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate technological challenges
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- A stipend for personal development fund & paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as an annual in-person offsite.
- Vitality Health (UK only) // Private Healthcare optional (Serbia only)
Rasa is the leading conversational AI platform, enabling enterprises to build next-level customer experiences. Rasa's conversational AI platform allows companies to build better customer experiences by lowering costs through automation, improving customer satisfaction, and providing a scalable way to gather customer intelligence. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy, security, and scalability needed by enterprises of every size. Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, and Basis Set Ventures. www.rasa.com
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Your application has been successfully submitted.