Manager - Digital Assistant Developer
At PepsiCo, we’re redefining what it means to be a consumer products company with a digital-first mindset, and our Global IT team is leading that charge. Our technology teams unlock digital capabilities, enhance cybersecurity safeguards, deliver data-driven insights, and create unmatched consumer and customer experiences.
Our culture is guided by the PepsiCo Way, which is a set of values that define our mission to win with purpose in the marketplace and act with integrity in everything we do. Our commitments to racial equality, gender parity and sustainability are woven into these values and our teams. We’re creating smiles with every sip and every bite while advancing a sustainable, socially impactful agenda that promotes our goal of Winning with Purpose. The Global IT team supports just that with our mission to create more smiles with every CLICK and every LIKE.
Join our global, agile team and help us influence and drive PepsiCo’s digital transformation!
- The GBS Digital Factory is the digital transformation engine for PepsiCo that sits within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization. It focuses on the re-imagination and digitization of capabilities, processes, services, and reporting for the Enterprise through the design, development, and deployment of digital products and solutions. GBS Digital Factory works with business, sectors, markets, and regions, leveraging a core set of integrated technologies, such as AI, ML, RPA, and Conversational AI.
As a Digital Assistant Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and rolling out intelligent, next generation digital assistant solutions (e.g., conversational AI, NLP solutions). You will be closely collaborating with Product Designers and other Developers and Engineers to deliver quality solutions for business users that define new ways of working. You will play a pivotal role in driving awareness and acceptance of digital assistant solutions amongst business users to simplify day-to-day manual activities.
- Consult with business stakeholders to understand current state processes and identify areas where digital assistant solutions can add value to digital products under development, analyze current customer experiences to define friction points, inform user experience design, and create a seamless and effortless experience
- Consult with Digital Assistant Lead to align on product development requirements and best practices, ensuring the application of concepts and practices related to Natural Language Processing/Understanding, sentiment analysis, intent classification, dialog flows, text-to-speech, and speech-to-text
- Consult with other GBS Digital Factory developers, Product Designers and POD leads to align on technical architecture and security requirements for digital products
- Consult with the Data & Analytics team and Reporting Factory developers to build the required data infrastructure needed to host and run digital assistant solutions
- Execute the design, development and rollout of digital assistant solutions, including (1) creating sample dialogs, conversational flow diagrams, mockups and other creative proto-typing related items to effectively communicate voice and text interactions and design ideas; (2) conceptualize and iterate on conversational designs as part of the end-to-end voice and UI experiences; (3) implement intents and associated phrases, entities, contexts and business rules that define distinct conversational experiences
- Execute the development of test scripts for digital assistants and play an active role in system integration testing (SIT); support business users during the user acceptance testing (UAT) process
- Execute monitoring and surveillance of all digital assistants in use and perform maintenance as required to address breaks, fixes, and enhancements
- Execute the tracking of KPIs that monitor the utilization, adoption and accuracy of digital assistants
- Inform the Digital Assistant Lead about trends identified related to the use and adoption of the digital assistants
Inform oneself on next generational technologies used for development of digital assistantsQualifications/Requirements
Keyskills/Experience required :
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or a related field preferred
- 7-9 years overall experience; 4+ years of professional experience working directly on the design, development and rollout of digital assistants (e.g., conversational AI bots, NLP solutions)
- Experience with NLP / conversation management technologies (e.g., Google Dialogflow)
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and cloud-specific PaaS and SaaS solutions)
- Experience working alongside multiple stakeholder groups to execute on the development and rollout of digital products
- Experience / involvement in organization wide digital transformations preferred .
- Ability to work is a fast paced, agile environment with large cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Exceptional quantitative and analytics skills
- Ability to understand psychology and motivation behind digital solution development and where digital assistants can improve user experiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to quickly learn new technologies and agility to deliver quick POC
- Ability to produce solutions independently in an organized manner and work in a team
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
Your application has been successfully submitted.
What makes you unique, makes us better.