Staff Software Engineer
We are looking for a skilled engineer to lead one of our Rasa Enterprises teams. You'll raise the engineering bar in your team in terms of velocity, quality and feature impact. You'll work alongside a team of talented engineers with different seniority levels, a Product Manager, a Product Designer and you'll report to your Engineering Manager. Our stack is currently based on Python, React, and Docker - with lots of our code being open source.
We are hiring for this position in the UK, Germany, or Serbia.
About this role
Software Development at Rasa is not only about writing Code. Your team will need your support to come up with good architectural designs, quality code for the Enterprise, and break an ambitious long-term vision down into milestones and issues. As a Tech Lead, you'll make an impact on your team by:
- Leading by example and driving feature work beyond just implementation, taking ownership of the whole product experience.
- Working closely with your teams's Engineering Manager and Product Manager on setting up the squad for success, especially on topics like: team roadmap and processes to lift the team up.
- Foreseeing roadblocks and risks in project development, mitigate them proactively before they become emergencies.
- Raising the engineering bar — invest in knowledge sharing, carve out opportunities for your teammates to step up.
- Prioritizing work with the squad to create the most impact, balancing technical debt reduction, new feature work and longer term investments.
At Rasa, we think and work holistically, and we are obsessed with the overall user experience. We value experience and expertise as much as a passion to build great organisations. We recognise that every Tech Lead has strengths in some areas and opportunities for growth in others. All are welcome to apply for this role.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have a strong technical background as a Senior engineer.
- You can drive technical discussions on product architecture and reason about mid and long-term impact on product roadmap.
- You're a team player and regularly seek out levers to lift your team up.
- Based on your experience you understand the complex constraints faced by Enterprise teams and know how to build products that fit into their workflow
- You have at least 1 year experience as a Tech Lead or as a Senior engineer in large organisations.
- You communicate clearly, listen, show empathy, and you can coach others to do the same.
- You care about building products and how they impact the user experience, inspiring your teammates to do the same, beyond implementing specs.
- You will work from the UK, Germany, or Serbia.
Things you'll do
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and being excited to contribute into any given challenge, no day will be the same, and we want folks who would enjoy adapting to this kind of fast paced environment. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Scope team's entire projects together with Product and Design at all stages.
- Mentor and ramp-up multiple engineers in a short amount of time.
- Communicate resource needs to your EM and assist them in planning future needs.
- Invest in longer term relationships with stakeholders outside your team and beyond the engineering team.
- Rollout and run a refinement process to improve shared understanding about future work among engineers in your team.
- Design software architectures with your team and implement key parts of such architecture.
- Work with driven people across all areas of the company—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and UX research—to create the tools to let all makers build AI assistants that everyone can use
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- A stipend for personal development fund & 6 paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social event.
- Vitality Health (UK Only) // Private Healthcare optional (Serbia only)
Rasa is the leading conversational AI platform, enabling enterprises to build next-level customer experiences. Rasa's conversational AI platform allows companies to build better customer experiences by lowering costs through automation, improving customer satisfaction, and providing a scalable way to gather customer intelligence. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy, security, and scalability needed by enterprises of every size. Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, and Basis Set Ventures. www.rasa.com
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Your application has been successfully submitted.