Senior Software Engineer - Conversational AI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Best Buy is one of the largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailers in the world with technology at its centre. Our Technology Development Centre in Seattle is tasked with fuelling growth and spur innovation as we continue to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Conversational AI you will have the opportunity to design, build and innovate to power Best Buy’s chat and natural-language based functionality. Our Conversational AI platform powers millions of conversations a year and is a key way for us to engage with our customers.
Our teams are driven by strong values that foster an extraordinary culture of engagement, collaboration and innovation. We do have fun while being the Best. We operate on two weeks sprints, and in an Agile fashion. You will participate in daily standup and be assigned stories from the sprint to work on with other developers, and in consultation and collaboration with designers and product managers.
What will you do as a Senior Software Engineer – Conversational AI:
- Architect and engineer version 2.0 of a Conversational AI platform that incorporates technologies such as Scala, Kakfa, NLP, and Analytics.
- Work directly with Data Scientists and Machine Learning experts to train and understand the conversations.
- Build direct customer facing functionality to improve the customer service experience.
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle – architecture, design, development, and dev ops.
- Be a part of an Agile team of skilled developers / engineers
- Work directly with technical leads, engineers, product managers and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate a creative and innovation-driven ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability
This job might be for you if:
- You are enthusiastic and excited about technology
- You are flexible, dependable, and know how to have fun while getting a lot done
- You are open and honest and willing to share and accept feedback and ideas
- You are positive and optimistic. Setbacks and constraints motivate you to work harder
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with the rest of the team
- You strive to constantly improve yourself and your team
- 3 or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent relevant professional experience
- 3 or more years of experience with object oriented or functional programming in languages such as Java and/or Scala.
- 2 or more years of working SQL or NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Postgres or similar.
- 1 or more years of formal or informal leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 6 or more years' hands-on experience implementing and deploying modern web development solutions including: Java, Scala, Spring, REST web services, HTTP, SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, Cassandra), Queues (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ), Linux
- Knowledge of and working experience with open-source software (Apache, Tomcat, Memcache, etc.) as well as networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components
- Experience with NLP, machine learning, or data science concepts and technologies.
- Agile development practical experience
- Strong testing experience with automated unit tests, integration tests, functional tests, and continuous integration / deployment. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience using modern version control systems such as Git
- Strong customer service focus. Ability to put yourself in customers’ shoes
Your application has been successfully submitted.