Senior Software Engineer, Conversational AI, Google Research
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design/architecture.
- 2 years of experience in conversational AI, including software development.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., TensorFlow), artificial intelligence, deep learning and/or natural language processing.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with natural language response generation approaches and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Research team advances Google’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) first philosophy by bringing innovative research and solutions to solve the toughest computer science challenges. Impacting virtually all of Alphabet’s products and advancing across disciplines.
In this role, you will help drive some of the most critical efforts around Conversational Research, work and collaborate with multiple teams across Google and become one of the architects of the next-generation of conversational technologies. We will be developing experimental intelligent systems that seek to engage with a user and establish a long-term relationship.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $168,000 - $181,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Understand and implement advanced multimodal dialog systems (e.g., digest critical capabilities and limitations of existing systems and develop/implement modules, integrations, strategies or approaches to further the dialog/conversational AI agenda).
- Partner closely with multiple teams, technical leads, and researchers across the organization to deliver on key research and technology efforts.
- Understand and contribute to the long-term vision for Conversational AI within the organization.
- Contribute to research as well as product-related and real world priorities and constraints.
- Contribute to Quality and Metrics for complex trust based conversational AI.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.