Senior System Software Engineer, Conversational AI
Widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers, NVIDIA is an industry leader with groundbreaking developments in High-Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, autonomous cars and conversational AI that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company.” We're looking to grow our company, and build our teams with the smartest people in the world. Join us at the forefront of technological advancement.
NVIDIA is looking for Senior System Software engineer to develop high-impact, high-visibility Speech AI product "Riva" & improve the experience of millions of customers. If you're creative & passionate about solving real world conversational AI problems, come join our Riva Product engineering team. For more details on Riva check https://developer.nvidia.com/riva
What you’ll be doing:
- Use expertise in system software to build, deploy and productize Conversational AI framework, that builds scalable pipelines/graphs of various speech/audio components, extending to other modalities too. The pipelines can run on Cloud, Edge or Hybrid back-ends.
- Design and build APIs for the Conversational AI framework, enabling integration across various applications in the area of robotics, health care, automotive etc.
- Write sample applications on top of the Conversational AI framework, to enable testing and verification of all parts of the system.
- Developing containerized microservices
- Profile end-to-end complex pipelines with AI components, identifying performance/memory bottlenecks and arriving at solutions to tackle them.
- Identify/design Key Performance Indicators for end-to-end Conversational systems, and help track them.
- Contribute in releasing containerized solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams on new products or features/improvements of existing products.
- Participate in developing and reviewing code, design documents, use case reviews, and test plan review.
- Work with QA teams to productize Conversational AI framework solutions across a range of applications
What we need to see:
- Masters or PhD (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, computer architecture, or related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming and software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design.
- Ability to work independently, define project goals and scope and manage your own development effort.
- Distributed systems programming.
- Excellent Debugging abilities spanning multiple software (storage systems, kernels and containers)
- Experience building and deploying cloud services using HTTP REST, gRPC, protobuf, JSON and related technologies
- Familiarity with version control and code review tools like Git, Gerrit.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic matrix environment
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Background with container technologies, such as docker, singularity, and LXC
- Experience with containers orchestrators such as Kubernetes
- Python Programming
- Knowledge of GPU programming such as OpenCL or CUDA
- Knowledge of or experience with developing production speech recognition and speech synthesis systems
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.