Lead Chatbot Engineer
Opportunity at a Glance
The Adtalem Student Experience Team is looking for a motivated, talented and hands-on Chatbot Engineer to drive the engineering and adoption of Conversational UI solutions to include Chat and Voice bots which will enhance the experience of our customers.
The General scope of the role will be to understand our current Chatbot platform and develop a common framework and reusable conversational flows using natural language processing (NLP), natural language understanding (NLU), machine learning (ML), API/Micro services development and Web/Mobile experience design concepts.
- Partner with digital product management teams to review and determine solution implementation for stated business requirements/problem statements.
- Manage design, build and deployment of conversational flows for various channels (web, mobile, SMS, voice).
- Lead the effort to determine the architecture and design of conversational UI solutions by understanding the needs from Product Management.
- Provide thought leadership in helping business leaders understand how conversational experiences will enhance customer engagement.
- Conduct persona/conversational design sessions with Product Managers and define conversational design best practices.
- Develop an approach for rapid prototyping and testing of various conversational flows and the impact of the same.
- Architect, design and help support a series of reusable components such as API’s, Intent modeling, and Machine learning models to promote configuration-based solutions
- Collaborate with the cyber security team to develop best practices to keep the conversational flows secure.
- Engage in hands-on work and accelerate the team with guidance & support.
- Work effectively across a matrix organization.
- Coordination with an offshore development team to implement conversation flows following scaled agile processes.
- Five (5) plus years of web and mobile development experience.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in applying data from machine learning models into various digital applications.
- Two (2) plus years of development experience designing and developing conversational flows for various channels (web, mobile, SMS, voice, etc.) using bot platforms and with various SaaS (Software as a Service) providers.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in Avaamo Conversational AI platform is preferred.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience with developing micro services and API’s.
- Understanding and proven use of various design patterns to enable reusability.
- Experience with agile software development methods.
- Experience developing, testing, and deploying components using CI / CD pipeline.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience in Python is a plus.
- Experience in Avaamo Chat Platform is a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Education for Good