Conversational Designer, Conversational Systems
The people here at Apple don’t just create products, we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries! It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
Would you like to play be a part in the next evolution of human-computer interaction through texting and speaking? Would you like to develop a product that is redefining customer interactions? The Conversational Systems team within Apple Retail Online Product is seeking a highly experienced conversational engineer who will be responsible for building and quality testing automated assistants for Apple’s global contact center, user persona research, new human-computer interactions, and usability optimizations.
At Apple, we believe that hard work, a lively environment, creativity, and innovation fuel the ultimate customer experience. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage, and encourage. This position requires a passion for building those phenomenal conversational systems customer experiences, a high degree of proactive self-motivation, organization, follow-through, and the ability to communicate effectively with people of various technical proficiencies.
- 4+ years of work experience in conversation design and bot response copywriting (chat and/or voice) for consumer products and/or services (e.g. Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant) in Machine Learning / NLP systems in a multi-lingual setting.
- Experience with conversational design (sketching, mocking up, evaluation), conversational response writing (English copywriting) that aligns with best practices and brand guidelines and related technologies (NLP, dialog generation, speech recognition)
- Skilled at interpreting user data and synthesizing findings to inform design directives. Excellent interpersonal and presentation abilities.
- Proven experience in articulating, negotiating, and refining design solutions with partners (Machine Learning / NLP engineers and stakeholders) using data and design best practice.
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to influence partners. Experience in dealing with large ambiguous projects and driving them toward clarity in a global working environment.
This is a fast-paced business with ambitious goals. You will be working with key conversational systems stakeholders across each of the critical pillars of Retail Contact Center (RCC)'s customer support organization. Major responsibilities include:
Create flow charts, mockups, and diagrams around conversational systems-related tools. Apply a broad range of user experience design skills (including Heuristic Evaluation and design thinking) to envision, design, illustrate, specify, test and validate conversational behaviors.
Analyze local and global use cases, chat patterns, interaction flow iterations, and own conversational experiences across multiple channels, platforms, and contexts of use.
Collect and synthesize diverse requirements, constraints, dependencies, and points of view to develop delightful RCC conversational experiences.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams (engineers, data scientists, strategy, sales, marketing) to implement marketing campaign transcription, localization, and redesign. Communicate project statuses to cross functional leads and present in executive reviews.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of methodologies and tools to ensure quality
- Experience as a conversation design lead and are able to lead and grow a team of high performing designers
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of language technologies (e.g. NLU, TTS, ASR) is a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.