Product Manager, Conversational Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
AppleCare Digital is seeking a Product Manager to help own the suite of features and capabilities that powers Apple’s Conversational Support experience. This position is responsible for building and executing a vision for simple, intelligent support through messaging applications, including Business Chat (in Messages) and WeChat, using automated self-service and human assisted support delivered through the application of new and emerging technology. This highly cross-functional role will partner with business partners and software engineering teams to define, develop, test, launch, and sustain customer-facing experiences and internal-facing tools in support of Conversational Support.
The ideal candidate will have confirmed experience with product management, iOS and web technology, agile software development, and team leadership. The position requires creative thinking, an open mind, an ability to work cross-culturally and with a diverse set of partners, and the ability to cut through ambiguity, while using both problem-solving and relationship-building skills. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required as well as an ability to present to both peers and senior executives/management.
- 2+ years of experience with cross-functional or agile software development projects.
- Experience in a customer experience and/or support function.
- Confirmed understanding of NLP and ML.
- Experience with: internal platform tools and products, conversational design, or artificial intelligence a plus.
- Customer orientation: Incorporates customer impact in all team activities with the goal of improving overall experience and usability while keeping associated costs low. Maintains a focus on customer experience and consistency with Apple product customer experience.
- Technical knowledge: Possesses a confirmed foundational understanding of basic machine learning principles, natural language processing capabilities, and web services (restful APIs).
- Impact and influence: Directs efforts and output of different internal groups, including governance and cross-functional project teams. Expects and gets quality, and takes ownership for outcome.
- Communication and relationship management: Establishes strong working relationship with peers and partners to address cross-functional process and influence changes outside of the team. Communicates concisely and clearly in oral and written forms. Actively resolves conflicts with confidence and emotional intelligence.
- Quality and results focus: Has good eye for business with a strong quality ethos. Meets commitments and drives closure to open items. Provides regular status updates to partners and management. Summarizes issues to key points and actions required. Drives' day-to-day product management activities to meet overall roadmap objectives.
- Decision-making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under timelines and pressure. Uses data analysis and empirical information to support conclusions.
- Program management skills: Works closely with business owners to define specific requirements for initiatives and programs. Accurately scopes length and difficulty of multiple tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals for self and team. Breaks work down into realistic process steps. Identifies risks and communicates them to partners and management. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals. Evaluates results and holds self and others accountable.
- Online User Experience: Represents the customer perspective across the entire Online Support experience. Articulates customer perspective to partners in order to influence and impact design, architecture, and content.
- Lead product development efforts by conveying vision to the team, outlining work in the product backlog, and prioritizing it based on business value.
- Build and grow strong partnerships with designers, business partners, and core team responsible for the conversational design and ongoing analysis of NLP and dialog performance. Use partnerships as key input to develop informed requirements for program, process, and customer experience enhancements.
- Assess business and customer needs, identify new customer experiences or enhancement opportunities, and pitch those ideas to cross-functional partners and leadership; strive for consensus and commitment, and raise appropriately when needed.
- Generate user stories and technical requirements with a focus on the details, and partner with software engineering teams to execute with both quality and efficiency in mind.
- Plan and implement data-gathering activities to ensure the program is meeting user and business needs and to plan future initiatives.
- Identify and supervise critical important metrics that support broader strategic goals. Partner with analytics team to strategize and prioritize. Deliver regular reports to management.
- Investigate, test, and deliver new technical solutions to help power self-solve opportunities for customers seeking resolution to an issue or seeking to learn more about their Apple products.
Education & Experience
5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years and a Master's degree
Your application has been successfully submitted.