Product, Conversation Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our chatbot is the first touchpoint our members have when reaching out to Chime for support. These critical interactions should be easy, helpful, and enjoyable for our members. Your role will be to take ownership of the chatbot architecture working in partnership with designers, engineers, and product managers. You’ll develop and iterate on hundreds of conversation types to ensure effortless and delightful interactions.
In this role, you will gain a deep understanding of our product and customer and analyze interactions that members have with the chatbot. You’ll also identify and implement ways to improve the responses and surrounding experience ensuring that each conversation is as effective and satisfying as possible.
This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Review the current state of our chatbot copy and conversational patterns
- Improve chatbot interactions by learning about and shaping the member experience
- Create journeys and flows for members and establish the chatbot as a trusted, accurate channel
- Architect clear, natural conversation flows with compelling, understandable copy to improve the simplicity, helpfulness, and ease of use of our chatbot.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, product and visual designers, and researchers to design, implement, and iterate on intents
- Understand and explain the intricacies and logic behind our chatbot intents
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5+ years conversation design, service design, interaction design, or UX design
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in writing, design, human-computer interaction, linguists, psychology or human factors
- Strong information architecture, content strategy, content development, or writing experience preferably with a focus on chatbot experiences
- Excellent writing skills - be able to write concise and digestible copy and suggest edits to chatbot copy
- Strong understanding of natural language understanding and natural language processing systems, like IBM Watson Conversation and Google DialogFlow
- Strong analytical skills - experience with Looker is a plus
- Organized and accountable with high attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- A portfolio of work you've done (writing samples, interface content, microcopy, or even style guides)
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Chime, the fastest growing fintech in the U.S., is a technology company focused relentlessly on helping you achieve financial peace of mind.