Research Scientist, Conversational AI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Python or C++ and Machine Learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, etc.).
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Large Language Models.
- Experience publishing impactful research at global conferences (e.g., NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, EMNLP, ACL, etc.).
- Experience with machine learning with a focus on neural networks and language (e.g., language models, emergence of language, and language understanding).
About the job
As an organization, Google maintains a portfolio of research projects driven by fundamental research, new product innovation, product contribution and infrastructure goals, while providing individuals and teams the freedom to emphasize specific types of work. As a Research Scientist, you'll setup large-scale tests and deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly, managing deadlines and deliverables while applying the latest theories to develop new and improved products, processes, or technologies. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, our research scientists work on real-world problems that span the breadth of computer science, such as machine (and deep) learning, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search and much more.
As a Research Scientist, you'll also actively contribute to the wider research community by sharing and publishing your findings, with ideas inspired by internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
Our team develops conversational experiences for Google products based on LLMs (Large Language Models).
Research happens at Google everyday, on many different embedded teams throughout the company. Our research reaches the user through both services and products such as Search, Maps, Google Assistant, Google Translate, Google Cloud and our computing, storage, and networking infrastructure. To achieve this, we’re working on a wide variety of projects that utilize the latest state-of-the-art technologies that push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Research innovative conversational AI capabilities based on Large Language Models.
- Collaborate with partner teams for shipping conversational experiences for multiple Google applications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.